SERVER Stunt War Challenge Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
Stunt Wars are challenging and fun to play. To make it more challenging and amusing, I came up with an idea about adding a Challenge Mode to the stunt war minigame.

The challenge will be to complete the stunt war within a minute. This should be applicable for yellow (normal difficulty) and red (hard difficulty) swars only.

How to join the Stunt War Challenge Mode?
To enter this mode, /swarchallenge needs to be entered. The joining message will be different. EXAMPLE: "Player has entered the Stunt War Challenge Mode."

The player will not be able to enter the challenge mode if:
  1. There is less than a minute left for the minigame to end.
How can a player win the challenge?
If the player successfully completes the stunt war within a minute.

What will happen if the player wins the challenge?
  • A special message about the player completing the swar challenge along with the rewards will be shown.
  • The rewards will be five times the normal rewards.
  • The stunt war will end normally.
How can a player lose the challenge?
The player will lose the challenge if:
  1. Fails to complete the stunt war within a minute.
  2. Exits or leaves the minigame.
What will happen if the player loses the challenge?
  • A message about the player losing the challenge will be shown.
EXAMPLE: "Player lost the Stunt War Challenge! "
  • He will not be able to enter the minigame again until a new swar comes.
Stats and Top Board
The total number of stunt war challenges completed by a player should be shown in his statistics box (/stats).
A top for this should be added to the top list (/top).

If you have any opinion or suggestions regarding this then please reply!

EDIT: Removed the deduction system suggestion for failing the challenge, thanks to Akira.

Last edited:

Akira

Former Staff
Why do we have to lose our XP? There's no minigame that allows that and this would just hold people back from even trying, including me. Money is fine, just like in races.

However, it would be an original way to make gangwars, in my opinion. Like holding turfs just by landing stunts. First gang to reach 5 stunts wins the turf war and earns the respective goldstars. Also, a new swar should appear as soon as each of them has been landed so we don't have to wait for decades.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
Apologies for a late reply, never saw this, here's my input-

A general overview that I'm seeing from this suggestion is a minigame separate from stuntwar that would be based around records, and enforcing a time limit per attempt; I'm also assuming that the actual stunt would last longer than a minute, considering you wouldn't be able to enter if the stunt if "there is less than a minute left for the minigame to end."

Firstly - I don't think this needs to be a separate minigame from stuntwar. If the goal in itself is to land a stuntwar in record time, this can be within the stuntwar minigame; race records don't have their own separate minigame for their reason. This is especially true considering most top times for stuntwars would be under a minute with this system anyway.

A separate minigame may assist in the nature of other players waiting, yes, however a separate minigame is just unnecessary in my opinion - I do have an idea of how to keep the "waiting for others" aspect intact though.

However, I do think that in order to enforce a "true record," in the sense of actually landing within the specified record time, we may want to actually enforce some type of system that would "remember" the time that you spent in the stuntwar if you re-join the stuntwar (e.g. I join stuntwar, try for 32 seconds, then I re-join the same stuntwar session; the time shouldn't reset, but instead keep my 32 seconds). This prevents spam of players continuously re-joining, and enforces an even more competitive environment with genuine skill behind it instead of "who can get the most luck while simultaneously starting their stunt quicker than others". On top of that, if time was reset, most records would have miniscule margins of milliseconds, which would be more of a competition to who has the lowest ping and luck. Thoughts?

No idea if this could work, but just my idea instead of the separation.

edit: but I will say, when stuntwar leaderboards (similar to race top-times) was brought up, it was about the amount of times the stunt has been landed by an individual.. not the record time. Off-chance luck isn't that impressive compared to landing a stunt more than anyone else to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.