7th anniversary of SFSE!

cawfee

Hello, our dear community:

Today marks the 7th anniversary since the inception of San Fierro Stunt Evolution (SFSE) by Andre T.

History

SFSE was launched on August 10th, 2010 based off the once open source SFSFv2 (San Fierro Stunt Freeroam) scripts. For those unaware, SFSFv2 was developed by Andre, was quite popular in its time and established a pleasant community; some of whom still play here today. Within months of the launch, SFSE reached a peak player count of 270 online at once, and averaged a steady 100-200 playerbase. SFSE closed in September 2012 when it fell out of popularity and the pace of development could not keep up with the expectations of players. Subsequently, other servers began to surface which appeared similar to ours and used our maps (and still do to date), which added competition we did not have before. During the downtime, Andre started to rewrite the gamemode into the C++ programming language for his learning purposes. Talks of relaunching the server followed in early 2013, and it was launched, albeit it was not up for long as the owners struggled to find time to maintain it. The server then returned in 2014 and faced issues with stability. Player counts hardly reached 20 and it appeared the project grew entirely out of popularity. In late 2014, I reached out to Andre to attempt to revive the project and we teamed up. Within months, time could not be found to maintain the project and the domain lapsed; by this point, the project appeared entirely abandoned. TheDarkness and I then discussed bringing back SFSE with the old sources and I bought the domain the day it became publicly available and we launched.

Thanks to the joint effort of our team, we are seeing an uptick in player counts and our community is growing.

Acknowledgements

Immense thanks goes to Andre, Techie, Mathijs, TheDarkness, Kostas, and Luis.​

Andre, your creation has forged an unbreakable community and has provided endless fun to players around the world. For me, it has led to me learning PAWN, then C/C++ to further the project (still am) and, of course, many hours well spent playing. Techie and Mathijs helped to sustain the server in its early years, and it would likely not be here today in its current form had it not been for them. Recently, our former host gave us a lemon and we lost everything including our life-time subscription. To the rescue was Techie, who returned after a long period of inactivity to supply us with a new host at the drop of a hat. Without TheDarkness' skillfulness in system administration and server security, we could be left vulnerable to attacks or data theft. Kostas has assumed development of the PAWN branch while I develop the C++ gamemode, and he can not be thanked enough for his work, which, might I add, is excellent! In his spare time, Luis constructed our front end with a user control panel - it's premature yet; it'll only get better.

Thanks, guys!

Thanks also goes to our current mapper Madvillayo and to all of our previous mappers.
Finally, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the project over the years; your feedback matters!

The road ahead

Today, SFSE operated by cawfee, TheDarkness, and LightingTechie.

Where is Andre one might ask?

He is busy with other obligations, but holds, and will always hold, an owner status. Additionally, he and I have occasional correspondence regarding development.

It is our intention to keep the server alive for the long run. Our team works daily to provide an enjoyable gaming experience for our players.

Thank you all for your support and for keeping SFSE a fun place for one to spend their free time.

Concluding remarks

As a final note... there is a massive update coming within the next few days, so stay tuned; it'll be worth the wait!

Throughout the day, we will be hosting various festivities. For what are you waiting? Join now: play.sf-se.net! :)

Happy birthday, SFSE!

Last edited by a moderator:

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Hey, thanks for the mention :)

SF-SE has always been an awesome community through out the years. I've enjoyed every minute of it, from being a noob to becoming a staff member.

Onwards and upwards!

Mauri

VIP
Former Staff
Love this place, love you guys. Thank you all and keep up the good work!

Happy birthday SFSE! Jesus, 7 years already.

Last edited:

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Happy birthday, SFSE!

My time here has been so enjoyable and it seems to continue for quite a while. Honestly, I would not keep coming back if it weren't for the community. Love you guys!

darkness

Former Staff
SFSE was one of the first servers I ever played on in SA-MP, eventhough I was quite the asshole in my younger years, I've grown to love this community deeply, and will always support it's longevity and operations, it's been a pleasure playing with all of you during these 7 years. 

Techie

Really gutted I wasn't around for the celebration. However, I am looking forward to the future of the server and everything that encompasses. There is a lot in store and it is only upwards from here! It's been an absolute pleasure playing with all you guys on here and I am glad to be able to call you my friends. 

Happy Birthday, SFSE!

Nick

Former Staff
Really gutted I wasn't around for the celebration. However, I am looking forward to the future of the server and everything that encompasses. There is a lot in store and it is only upwards from here! It's been an absolute pleasure playing with all you guys on here and I am glad to be able to call you my friends. 

Happy Birthday, SFSE!
FINALLY. Someone who spells "gutted" right.

feesh

Former Staff
Good memories from 5 years ago. :') Which I used hack in my favorite server and cry for being unbanned, making dramas in SF-SE, ah those times, it was dumb but it could be a lesson to me and bad memories, on the good sides, I made a lot of friends, some of them are still with me, some are not. Thanks for making my childhood awesome! :D

bear

Server Owner
In this very same special anniversary month, we also go on to hit a massive 99 players! Nice work everyone!! :D

H4CGBOw.png

AndreT

Server Owner
Guys, I have only excellent memories from the past years. Indeed, time has gone by quickly and sadly I have not been able to focus on activities like SA-MP so much the past few years.

I love keeping track of the development of the C++ forums. The return of LT is very promising for the continuing legacy of SFSE.

All the best indeed!

darkness

Former Staff
Guys, I have only excellent memories from the past years. Indeed, time has gone by quickly and sadly I have not been able to focus on activities like SA-MP so much the past few years.

I love keeping track of the development of the C++ forums. The return of LT is very promising for the continuing legacy of SFSE.

All the best indeed!
If it hadn't have been for him, we wouldn't have had a server, since our last sponsored host decided to delete everything we had w/o notice :\

Definitely looking forward to the future that SFSE brings for it's community, hopefully an increase in player-base too!