Status
Not open for further replies.

Goku

Why admins cannot control radio ;(,

they Should Like /Playsong <url> and then the whole sever listen the song,

and,

people enjoy the Songs :)

Jaimy

Would be nice to have this open to everyone. But only from a certain hours playtime and with a setting turned off by default to avoid forcing players to listen to it. Also for example limiting it to 1 or 2 plays per player every hour.

SimpleX

Former Staff
Negative.
It would be better when you give at least a bit of your opinions when you vote for a suggestion. Also I don't understand why would you downvote this if you could just not open the channel if you don't want to listen to the stream.

Emperor

It would be better when you give at least a bit of your opinions when you vote for a suggestion. Also I don't understand why would you downvote this if you could just not open the channel if you don't want to listen to the stream.
He could've at least explained his suggestion, instead of it, people need to explain it about how to enter the channel and how to exit it and other..
Well, and why I'm giving a negative? Simply, because I don't like. Instead of this there should be a VIP room or an admin room where VIPs or admins can invite players to it. If you want me to explain VIP room briefly and clearly, sure. Just tell me and I'll drop a topic on the suggestion board.

SimpleX

Former Staff
He could've at least explained his suggestion, instead of it, people need to explain it about how to enter the channel and how to exit it and other..
Well, and why I'm giving a negative? Simply, because I don't like. Instead of this there should be a VIP room or an admin room where VIPs or admins can invite players to it. If you want me to explain VIP room briefly and clearly, sure. Just tell me and I'll drop a topic on the suggestion board.

First of all I am not sure what this suggestion has to do with VIP room. Second, it's a plus if he had explained more briefly but it doesn't really need a much detailed explanation. I will still enlighten you though: It is a radio channel just like all the other channels we have under the command /radio. But instead of streaming a certain radio channel, a player can connect to the radio via an app (Winamp) and stream the songs he/she has on his/her computer and everyone can listen to it.

Last but not least, you don't like it? Then you can simply disable /radio just like you can now. It's not like once a player starts DJ'ing everyone has to listen to it. I barely listen to /radio and personally I hate pop music but I wouldn't mind if someone suggests adding a pop channel to radio because I don't have to listen to it and I will not anyway.

I hope this was clear enough.

Emperor

First of all I am not sure what this suggestion has to do with VIP room. Second, it's a plus if he had explained more briefly but it doesn't really need a much detailed explanation. I will still enlighten you though: It is a radio channel just like all the other channels we have under the command /radio. But instead of streaming a certain radio channel, a player can connect to the radio via an app (Winamp) and stream the songs he/she has on his/her computer and everyone can listen to it.

Last but not least, you don't like it? Then you can simply disable /radio just like you can now. It's not like once a player starts DJ'ing everyone has to listen to it. I barely listen to /radio and personally I hate pop music but I wouldn't mind if someone suggests adding a pop channel to radio because I don't have to listen to it and I will not anyway.

I hope this was clear enough.
Finally a brief and clear explanation, this is what I really needed. Thanks. I'm changing my vote to positive.

bear

Server Owner
We had this before, but I think we had some issues with it. Let's wait for @Polarbear and @cawfee to respond.

We unwillingly removed the functionality because we were finding that it would often cause random players' games to crash, which did of course have a negative impact on player count.

We still have all the code saved for it and re-enabling the functionality wouldn't take long at all, but ideally we would like to know exactly what causes the crash, and if we can help to protect against it or at least advise players who experience a crash what the problem is and how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.