armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver63

now that sfse has server sided damage, fights between skilled players last no longer than 5 seconds. 3 deagles in a row / 2 accurate 2shots / 1 accurate 4shot will kill someone. my suggestion is to add armor for everyone in the dm areas, as well as armor drops after you kill someone. adding armor fights will reward consistent players, and decrease the amount of lucky kills

Kondor

you have a point here won't the AC be confused for what's between hacks and that

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
If I was to be in favour of adding armour, it'd probs only be for duels. Otherwise, I quite enjoy the short and frequent dm encounters in deathmatches.

silver63

you have a point here won't the AC be confused for what's between hacks and that
the ac can be adjusted

If I was to be in favour of adding armour, it'd probs only be for duels. Otherwise, I quite enjoy the short and frequent dm encounters in deathmatches.

thats another thing i forgot to mention. it should be added for duels as well, but i also believe it should be added in dm areas as well. maybe an alternate area such as the warehouse with all weapons and no armor could be added, for people who like short fights

bear

Server Owner
now that sfse has server sided damage, fights between skilled players last no longer than 5 seconds. 3 deagles in a row / 2 accurate 2shots / 1 accurate 4shot will kill someone.

Pretty much. I too would like to see fights last a tad longer. Armour exists in GTA for a reason, and it seems a shame to not be using it in any part of our gamemode. The armour AC can be modified as needed.

I think enabling it for death match environments, and optionally for hosts of Private DMs, would be a good decision.

nekko

Former Staff
I don't like the idea of having reduced dmg. The thing I would add is helmet and headshot system. Feels more real. Armor... hmm.. Maybe duels are fine although im not sure about dm zones.

silver63

Reducing damage rate is also an option. Quite popular in aad severs.
would be easier to just add armor

I don't like the idea of having reduced dmg. The thing I would add is helmet and headshot system. Feels more real. Armor... hmm.. Maybe duels are fine although im not sure about dm zones.

headshot damage would only make the problem of rng worse, adding armor simply benefits the more consistent player

SimpleX

Former Staff
I'm totally fine with adding armor, also since it's mentioned there could be particular dm zones where headshot would be enabled. It's a good feature too after all.

nekko

Former Staff
Like u said, there is slight chance to 1shot people with sawns. I kinda like the thing where u can survive on less than 30% ur hp and still fight the enemy, but if he respawns with armor? I agree with duels and privdms if host enables it. Its just my opinion.

If we add armor, it would be good if u need to pay for it before u join dm, while vips can have it free.

silver63

Like u said, there is slight chance to 1shot people with sawns. I kinda like the thing where u can survive on less than 30% ur hp and still fight the enemy, but if he respawns with armor? I agree with duels and privdms if host enables it. Its just my opinion.

If we add armor, it would be good if u need to pay for it before u join dm, while vips can have it free.

you're forgetting that you wont always be on low hp after a fight, as you would also start the fight with armor. its fair for everyone. however, putting a paywall behind it would only make it more unfair. not sure what you're trying to argue. duels should have armor, and privdms should also have the option to enable or disable armor. but the main dm zones, such as /bf /deagle /dmi etc, should all have armor enabled as well

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Armor for deathmatches has been suggested here. The idea appealed to many, including one of the owners, but the discussion has faded away.
As for my opinion, since I don't deathmatch that much, I'm neutral.
Edit:
Thanks for merging the two topics, but what happened to the first post of the second topic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.