/buildrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Buildrace has a large amount of bugs. While the basic things work perfectly, the more nuanced aspects aren't working as they should.

Description (in few words): Loading a race doesn't teleport the player to the location

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: After loading a race in the /buildrace menu, I assume the race builder should be teleported to the start of the race. This doesn't work, meaning the player has to make their way to the racing area by themself. The bug happens regardless of whether the player is in a vehicle or not. Furthermore, the player is unable to move and enter and exit vehicles. The only way to become unfrozen is to spawn a vehicle/another vehicle.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Load an existing race or a race submission (for example, Take the Alley)

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): You can see the start marker on the radar, south-west of my location.

X3QB9kp.png

Description (in few words): Race options don't save

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: Checkpoint size, collisions and the required vehicle of a race don't save. For example, for the race Take the Alley, I set the checkpoint size as 7, switched collisions off and set the required vehicle NRG-500. After loading the race again, I saw that these options still had the standard values. This bug might also affect other options, such as race type and object streaming.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Save a race with non-standard options and load it again.

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): A screenshot of the example mentioned above:

ClYvJhm.png

Description (in few words): /prevcp and /nextcp don't work with vehicles

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: Teleporting between checkpoints using /prevcp and /nextcp doesn't work when the race builder is in a vehicle. I could see that I was teleported somewhere for a split-second but then returned to my previous location with my bike. However, the checkpoint itself loads properly. Teleporting to specific checkpoints using the /buildrace menu also works fine.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Use /prevcp or /nextcp when in a vehicle

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): I entered /prevcp twice but I'm still in the same spot as before

UqEtBT6.png

Description (in few words): Half a body when teleporting to checkpoints on foot

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: When a race builder is on foot and teleports to a checkpoint, using /prevcp, /nextcp or the /racebuild menu, they sometimes get teleported too low. Thus, the character's legs might be underground, rendering the player unable to move.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Teleport to a checkpoint on foot. Sometimes it works properly, so try different methods several times

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): I'm at the right checkpoint, but my legs are underground:

ZIRI5tO.png

Description (in few words): Miscalculated distances between checkpoints

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: When I was building my race, I opened the checkpoint menu, where the distance between the start and the first checkpoint was greatly overestimated. All the distances between the other checkpoints were reasonable. However, after loading my race again, the first distance was also corrected.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Build a race with some checkpoints and take a look at the distances in the /racebuild menu.

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): 17,6 km instead of 0,14 km. The other distances are correct, you can calculate them if you want:

IUozaoX.png

X7Irmbg.png

cawfee

1.) The system does not assume that the player wants to configure from the beginning of the race. This is not a bug. It is difficult to assume which aspect of a race the player desires to change. Hence by selecting a checkpoint from the list, the player will be teleported to it. Hope this helps.

2.) This has been fixed! Thanks for your reporting, Sulps!

3.) /prevcp and /nextcp will now work with vehicles!

4.) I don't believe this is a bug in our systems. More information would be excellent, though! For example, if the checkpoints were created while in a vehicle, this could report the Z position differently than on-foot if I'm correct.

5.) Interesting... will need to look into this. Thanks!

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
As this topic is in the category "Under consideration", I think it needs some feedback.
I haven't experienced these bugs since Cawfee's response, except for bug 4). Bug 4) occurs when creating a checkpoint in NRG-500 (probably other bikes too) and teleporting to the checkpoint on foot. A way to fix the issue would be not to teleport the race builder to the exact location of the checkpoint, but instead a bit higher, similarly to /goto. This way, the race itself isn't affected but the player building the race doesn't get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.