Commands Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre

Former Staff
Former Staff
Hi,

I have another one suggestion, can you add /down command. I sometimes make the mistake of going too high with speedboost and I have to wait to fall down. This would also make goldpots hunting much more interesting and fun. Personally I don't mind having negative values to be used with /up instead of implementing a brand new command, however /down would be much more user friendly and practical.

Make shortcuts Commands:
• /goldpot, /gp for shortcut.
• /settings, /sts for shortcut.
• /allowgoto, /agt for shortcut.

Just wanted to suggest. :)

Last edited:

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
Flip to stop on mid-air and while starting to fall down, spam speedboost - you'll be on the ground in no time, I can guarantee you. Even if you pass a value as parameter for /down command, you still need to approximately calculate the distance to the ground for it. If it's still too high, then you'll have to execute the command again - it doesn't really worth it!

On a side note, we could use offsets in /goto command in the past and even teleport to ourselves. I am not sure if it still available.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
/down: You already have two options to get yourself down to the ground. The first is to stop yourself mid-air (/flip or NUM6) and spam speedboost until you're near the ground. To make sure you don't bounce off in a random direction, you can /flip or NUM6 again. The other option is typing /go [your ID] 0 0 -99 several times. There is no need for another command.
/gp: Agreed
/sts and /agt: Maybe /set and /ag would be better, just a brainwave. In general, I like your idea of shorter alternatives to long commands.

SimpleX

Former Staff
Except for down (for mentioned reasons) I am fine with all the other commands. And since this topic is about shortened commands I'd like to add another one here: while using /cc make the second parameter optional. For example when a player uses the command like /cc 0, the color of the vehicle becomes fully black. This is actually more than useful especially when one wants to search through all the colors with /cc so he doesn't have to type the same number twice all the time.

ScrIN

Shortcut for /settings. Why is that necessary? I believe it's ok to have shortcut for commands which we use often, but with this you only modify your gaming settings, that shouldn't be done often. And if it is then something is wrong with it, we would need more direct shortcuts for commands/options listed in /settings menu.

Pretty much the same with /goldpot. Type full command once you join server and know last goldpot. The rest of goldpots will be given in global chat. We don't type this command often (at least me, but that's really strange if you tend to use it often. Question raises - what are those global chat notifications for?).

/agt - probably ok to make shortcut. It's one of commands in /settings, so better create more shortcuts to edit settings directly instead of modifying them through settings.

/down and other goldpot hunting matters - like there already wouldn't be a bunch of players taking all goldpots. If this gonna allow to collect goldpots faster new comers would have no chances to compete with old wolves (probably already no chances for a long time).

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
/down and other goldpot hunting matters - like there already wouldn't be a bunch of players taking all goldpots. If this gonna allow to collect goldpots faster new comers would have no chances to compete with old wolves (probably already no chances for a long time).
I can think of little use for a /down command in goldpot hunting. That purpose is already fulfilled by /go + coordinates.
Besides, there are nowhere near enough goldpot hunters. When I play in the server, I'm the only one hunting. When I'm not hunting, nobody else is either. That leaves more than enough space for newcomers to train before facing off with experienced hunters. In 2011-12, you could see up to 4 players competing for goldpots at the same time and that's how I'd like it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.