Cops and Robbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
Robbers:
  1. Being able to stop robbery at any time (failed attempt) as frozen targets will always be arrested.
  2. Remove sawn-off shotgun as it is way too overpowered. Cops run to chase robbers and they get killed before even get close to player and arrest.
  3. When a criminal manages to /escape, they should not respawn at the robbers base but outside of police department to make it look more realistic.
  4. When a criminal is being put in police car, they should be frozen to avoid using the 'exiting vehicle' animation. Criminals with very low health can die by hitting the road.
  5. Inform player how much time left when using /rob as we spam the command every second and it's kind of annoying.
  6. When robber is being transported, prevent any damage from other cops as they try to gain more kills and ruin arrests for others.
Cops:
  1. Officers should not be able to kill or arrest in spawn zones. They are meant to be a safe point and robbers are trapped.
  2. Enable vehicle friendly fire.

Additional informarion: I was arrested once inside spawn point and another cop decided to kill me in police car. As soon as I re-spawned, I was surrounded by 3 cops and as a result another arrest was made.

Last edited:

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
+1 the sawns make the cops outclassed so much so nobody really chooses them because of that

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
In my opinion, the biggest problem with /cnr is that most players treat it as a deathmatch. They never rob or arrest, only kill the "opposing team". Changes should be made to the mini-game to actually make players rob and arrest. Most of my ideas on Kostas's suggestions derive from this opinion.

Robbers:
1. Either that or the robbing time should be reduced. Right now, there is enough time for a cop to drive from one end of San Fierro to the other and arrest the robber.
2. Support. Although I'm not good with sawn-offs myself, there are players who can kill an opponent with just one clip, leaving no time to retaliate.
3. When /cnr was first introduced, that's how /escape worked. It was changed because cops that just arrested the robber could do so again the very moment the robber escaped. There is a way around it, though: escaped robbers can spawn at the parking lot of the police department. It's still realistic and the robber isn't immediately arrested again.
4. Support. I didn't know this was a problem until now, but if it is, it has to be fixed.
5. If you mean that robbers would be shown the amount of time they have to wait before robbing again, I agree.
6. (This is more of a cop suggestion, but whatever.) I'm transporting a robber to the police department and other cops shoot my car to flames, only to kill the robber. If other robbers shoot my car to flames, that's perfectly fine, because they're helping out a fellow criminal. Therefore, I entirely agree with this suggestion.

Cops:
1. Support. Cops camping at the spawn point ruin the point of /cnr. Even when the robber base is protected from cops, it has only two exits. That leaves more than enough opportunities for cops to make robbers' lives difficult.
2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, considering it's already enabled and it contradicts your 6th robber suggestion.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
I can understand new players not to be aware of arrest/rob command but even regular players prefer to fight with the opposing team, you are right.

The last suggestion is about cops that can shoot vehicles of their teammates and vehicles can catch on fire.

cawfee

@Kostas: Excellent job in putting these together. I have considered all of your suggestions and have added most of them for the next update:

- Teams will be protected at their respective bases.
- Sawn-off shotgun will be removed and replaced with a regular shotgun. Additionally, ammo values of all weapons were reduced to encourage more arresting/robbing and less deathmatching.
- Suspects will be frozen (and therefore unable to use the exit vehicle animation and potentially incur damage). This will also serve to prevent damage from other Cops (thereby ruining an arrest).
- Time remaining until /rob is usable after a robbery will be shown.
- Friendly fire is enabled for both teams. One caveat: due to a SA-MP bug, tires will be susceptible to bullets and can be popped.

Status
Not open for further replies.