Deathmatch & Gang suggestions but useful

Do you agree that deathmatching and gang-system should be finally changed?

• Yes, I do agree that deathmatching and gang-system should be changed.

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, I don't agree that deathmatching and gang-system should be changed. Because..... (POST REPLY)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Messi

Hi, I'm here to suggest a few things that might make deathmatching and gang-system fair and better. I will talk with deathmatcher-language, please don't feel offended.

1) Earning goldstars by doing killstreaks

You all like fairness right? And you know that we deathmatchers mostly play deathmatches and do not play races, stuntwars, biz-delivery or whatever. It is really annoying seeing random gangs jumping from zero to the top by not even playing turfwars, deathmatches or duels. Why not to let us earn goldstars by doing killstreaks in our favorite minigame? Instead of doing a turfwar and 90 percent of the time gangs do not defend because they don't have the "balls" to do so because of the attackers' member advantage, are not "DM'ers", or are too cool for that.

2) Improve gang KDR by playing deathmatches

As I said on the first suggestion "90 percent of the time gangs do not defend" let us improve our gang KDR by playing deathmatches and not only turfwars or duels. Or every "strong" gang will end up being beaten in turfwars by random players being invited from the player-list to help the gang-owner beat the gang they want to attack, and also the KDR of the strong gang will end up being destroyed.

3) Hit-registration lag

I don't have that much experience about sync or hitreg but I'm pretty sure it is not impossible to fix it since there are dm servers that have a really good one. With good one I meant that the players with a bad PL/Packetloss will see other players warping/teleporting around them and when they try to hit the damage will not register and after their connection is back to normal they will see themselves getting killed on their screen and respawned a few seconds after. And not like the current one on SFSE, if you are 1km away from a player and you are still visible on their screen they can damage you not matter what. I really dunno.

4) Weapon automatically set in turfwars

Players (including me) mostly hate sawns. Imagine having that much experience about the game and then you meet some sawn tryhard in a turfwar that uses fast skins and spins around you like an actual coward hopping to avoid your bullets (DISGUSTINGGGGGG) if you get me. I'm not here to offend anyone. but I really would love to see fairness in turfwars. Like having a fair deagle fight in exteriors with someone which can improve your accuracy, how less annoying it will feel if you lose instead of getting killed by a sawn tryhard and when they win they go "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH EZZZzZZzZzz FUCKING NOOB" ya know. What about random weapon-sets, like sometimes WW(Walk Weapons) and sometimes RW(Run Weapons), I'll leave it to you.

5) Deagle interior to exterior location

For deagle deathmatch we don't really want a custom map created by mappers, we really want to improve our accuracy (because aiming in exteriors is harder than aiming in interiors) and become deagle gods someday by playing on SFSE only and not sometimes on dm servers and sometimes on SFSE to show off skills to everyone ya know. We would love to see some location like on sawn deathmatch. How good it will feel when we see ourselves someday hitting all bullets in exteriors easily.

6) Hit effects

When we play SFSE-deathmatch we already feel it is an e-sport live event, but adding effects when you get hit by someone will make you somehow (idk how to say) willing to revenge from the player that killed you.

Deathmatchers if you finally feel ok after reading this suggestion give it a positive vote. Voting pole set to unlimited until an owner gives their opinion hopefully. (If you aren't a deathmatcher please ignore this suggestion because there is nothing that interests you if you are a vehicle user)

Last edited:

Phantom

I agree with the first suggestion only...
As Messi said, what if someone is bored of stunting, racing and that(That includes me :]) Would they just play stunts and races all the day to just earn 2-3 goldstars?
Like MSK got to the first place because they are good at racing and stunting but some of them are not good in dm, bbbbbbut we are good at dm but not racing and stunting. So getting goldstars by only racing and stunting is just to stupid.
NOW Second suggestion..
I agree with that but not at the same time. Like what if you join dm and just kill your gangmates you will just decrease your k/d ratio because teaming is not allowed, now that would be good if they add something like to kill your gangmates in dm but not to decrease the ratio.

Now, I won't say anything about the other suggestion because I'm not sure about them.
Just 5. suggestion, yes it would be good if they add exterior AND interior location, so players that are used to interior play in interior, and players that are used to exterior play in exterior.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year
I'm not a deathmatcher, but there are a few things I'd like to clear up.

Or every "strong" gang will end up being beaten in turfwars by random players being invited from the player-list to help the gang-owner beat the gang they want to attack
To be honest, I've never seen anyone do that. Good deathmatchers are mostly in gangs already. They don't hop between gangs for a single turf war. Is this something that often happens to you?

For deagle deathmatch we don't really want a custom map created by mappers
The map for /deagle isn't custom, it's the Las Venturas Police Department interior from single-player.
However, that is not related to the question whether /deagle should take place in an interior or exterior. It doesn't matter for me, so I'll just go along with whatever the deathmatchers of SFSE say.

adding effects when you get hit by someone
What kind of effects do you have in mind? Do you mean like a sound played when the player is hit? Or visual effects like blood? I think it's best if we all know what we're discussing.

Madvillayo

Server Mapper
Head Admin
seeing random gangs jumping from zero to the top
10 months my dude ;)

Anyway, let's address some the main issues - I do like what you've posted here, and have been thinking of changes as well. I do think that deathmatching has been lacking updates substantially (survivor was a flop unfortunately, despite a ton of effort).

-

1):
90 percent of the time gangs do not defend because they don't have the "balls" to do so because of the attackers' member advantage
I would say that having 6 members vs 2 isn't worth defending, that's futile

I will say, turfwars definitely aren't that active - it typically takes coordination between multiple gangs to get them going nowadays, and there's really only one or two active DM gang(s), which is part of the issue. I don't know what exactly made /gangwar so popular during PAWN, but I believe possibly going back to that would reallyyyyy increase DM gang activity. I'm not necessarily saying getting rid of turfs altogether, it's just that /gangwar very popular at the time, even with it's bugs. It may be useful to actually make it actually enforce balanced teams (unlike turf wars) and reward GS as well.

As far as killstreaks go - killstreaks are quite easier to get than race records or hard stunts.. however I do like the idea as long as it's a high killstreak, and the killstreak isn't only on ONE person, cause I can see that getting farmed like crazy if it's just 3 or 5 over and over. Would kills on your own gang members count?

GS is something that is hard to balance currently, I kinda wish we had /topgangs show something similar to /top, like "Top Races: Gangs" and it'd show records broken, same with "Top Stunts Landed: Gang" "Top K/D Gang" "Top Turf Ratio" etc and have a list based off of that, instead of just basing it off of goldstars, cause it could show each gangs strengths and weaknesses.

(Sorry if I'm taking your thread, I'm bouncing off of your ideas and expressing the ones I've thought of, interested in your own opinion as well)

-

2): 100% agree, miss when it used to show that in /topgangs as well. EDIT: but as matrix pointed out, it would have to have some kind of work-around for gang members who are killed by gang members..

3): Not sure how much more we can tweak it, hopefully @cawfee can comment on it

4): I'm not sure exactly how people would take it, cause some people have different DM styles, which obviously varies per gang as well. I can see this working if each turf was SET to be deagle only or sawn only, etc. It'd be kinda cool to have sniper-only turfs, but the spawn system might need to be changed a bit for that.

5): Any location in particular? I know you mentioned the SF driving school, but there's a lot of trees around it, no? We can definitely work on that though, I'll gather the coordinates soon if you got a good suggestion for a location

(If you aren't a deathmatcher please ignore this suggestion because there is nothing that interests you if you are a vehicle user)
oops, I intruded, but I typed all of that anyway

Messi

To be honest, I've never seen anyone do that. Good deathmatchers are mostly in gangs already. They don't hop between gangs for a single turf war. Is this something that often happens to you?
It happens a lot. For example a member left your gang and wants their revenge for provoking them to leave the gang and then the member creates his own gang and invites random people that are 'good' or 'hackers' and his friends on discord and asks them for help. Your gang gets beaten and you are then suddenly counted as 'bad' for not being able to beat them with their member advantage.

The map for /deagle isn't custom, it's the Las Venturas Police Department interior from single-player.
However, that is not related to the question whether /deagle should take place in an interior or exterior. It doesn't matter for me, so I'll just go along with whatever the deathmatchers of SFSE say.
I didn't mean the current interior, I only meant that we don't need any custom map created by mappers but an exterior location instead.

What kind of effects do you have in mind? Do you mean like a sound played when the player is hit? Or visual effects like blood? I think it's best if we all know what we're discussing.
Yes, something like that. Like some sick effect/sound chosen by an owner of course. (I have no idea how sound ids work)

Would kills on your own gang members count?
I think they should, because it stays a killstreak afterall. (not sure)

Messi

Server stopped giving rewards for high kill streaks after a certain amount due to constant farming. Some players do anything for competition/having better statistics.
The farming system works like this: If you are fighting against a player and kill them 9 times which is the maximum limit, you will get a message by the server that says "Not stats/bonus for that kill" but if you are fighting against two players and kill one of them 9 times in a row and then kill the other one 1 time you will be able to kill the first player again and the server will not warn you.

So in my opinion, the killstreak to earn goldstar(s) should be set to 10 or something over that.

Madvillayo

Server Mapper
Head Admin
Deagle exteriors are being worked on, I've got a majority of coordinates for a couple of areas done, look out for an update that includes them sometime in the future. Thanks!

vodka

Server Staff
Like MSK got to the first place because they are good at racing and stunting
Eh

Anyway I agree with the 1st suggestion if certain limits are set.

2nd suggestion makes sense as well.

4th I like the idea about only RW or WW. It is indeed kind of unfair fighting with sawns against a deagler. Not sure how this would be implemented though - could be a new thread.

Not voting on the other suggestions as I don't dm that much anymore.

Messi

Deagle exteriors are being worked on, I've got a majority of coordinates for a couple of areas done, look out for an update that includes them sometime in the future. Thanks!
It could be better if we have a dialog after typing the /deagle command showing both interior and exterior, so players with different DM style do not get used to exterior instead of interior for example, but exterior only dm is more prefered because it improves accuracy if you are an interior player.

Sloth

+1 to all

The deagle exterior idea is a good idea but a /deagle2 would be better and the last one

Madvillayo

Server Mapper
Head Admin
It could be better if we have a dialog after typing the /deagle command showing both interior and exterior, so players with different DM style do not get used to exterior instead of interior for example, but exterior only dm is more prefered because it improves accuracy if you are an interior player.
just saw this & sloth's post.. ehm.. so you want a separate command for the deagle exteriors? why just deagle and not the rest of DMs (example, minigun's exteriors)

Messi

just saw this & sloth's post.. ehm.. so you want a separate command for the deagle exteriors? why just deagle and not the rest of DMs (example, minigun's exteriors)
If you mean something like /deagle2 then of course not, because that would mess up the deathmatch system. I have no idea about the other deathmatches to be honest, like we all got used to the battlefield interior right? (even the deagle interior but the topic is different)

Thought about a different idea which is making sperate deathmatch system. For example leaving the current /dm command alone without changing anything and make /exdm (exterior deathmatch) and add the exterior deathmatches in there. Dunno if this is a good idea, but I think it is the only way to keep the current deathmatch system fun-to-play.

Sloth

If you mean something like /deagle2 then of course not, because that would mess up the deathmatch system. I have no idea about the other deathmatches to be honest, like we all got used to the battlefield interior right? (even the deagle interior but the topic is different)

Thought about a different idea which is making sperate deathmatch system. For example leaving the current /dm command alone without changing anything and make /exdm (exterior deathmatch) and add the exterior deathmatches in there. Dunno if this is a good idea, but I think it is the only way to keep the current deathmatch system fun-to-play.
Yeah /exdm is a nice idea. Another nice idea is for it to be able to switch maps occasionally like /minigun and /war like every 10 minutes i guess. Some areas that would be good would be like that warehouse near the burgershot in san fierro and glen park and another good place would be bay side which was a great place on sef for /dm2

Messi

Lets be more clear here, and not take it too far.

The suggestion was about adding exterior locations for deagle and now we ended up talking about a sperate deathmatch system. Lets just make it easy for the owners to decide and vote for what the suggestion says instead. We are all expecting these changes to be added in the next update if we are honest ;)

Shaan

I agree with the first and second suggestions only if they are not applicable to gang members. I am fine with the rest of the suggestions.