Gang labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maro

Hey, there's something which has been annoying me in deathmatches, I can't differentiate who is in my gang and who is not, since other players use our color sometimes so I am suggesting to add a label above each player showing which gang he's in. So for example, above me there will be "Gang: WeMakeEnemies"

it's in the sef code if you want to see

Neap42O

Yea.. perfecto!

That is pretty Annoying and irritating to kill your team mate instead Until you don't know which gang is he in

So take +1 from me..

bear

Server Owner
I like this idea, but it has the potential to look awfully crowded. For example, there could be the admin label, the player's custom label, god status and then to top it off, gang. Below is a quick mock up (which looks terrible with my MS Paint skills, but gives a rough idea):

Granted, not all players will have admin status, or a custom label, or even godmode. But that consideration needs to be noted nevertheless.

If anyone has any suggestions, happy to listen.

Untitled.png

AlanNeos

VIP
Former Staff
That's why the gang label should only be visible in DMs or Gang Turf Wars.

There's no point bringing that up in free-roam.

nekko

Former Staff
I think that Admin label doesnt really do anything. If anyone needs admin, he will call him or type /admins, no one really looks at that freeroam label.
Also, custom labels should be on our body, not above our head and not blue colored, its unclear.

ScrIN

Each of these labels could be toggleable.

1. admin rank. It might be useful for new players to identify staff on server who knows things around and could help, however for older one (for example me) these ranks on top of names are totally unnecessary thus I'd like to switch them off (not to mention that often they merge with name and then none of them can be visible clearly)

2. Health bar and name are ON by default / not toggleable.

3. Custom title. On by default. Again this could be totally irrelevant for player to be visible. Why not toggle it off if you don't like them above names. On one hand I thought that players set those custom labels, title themselves, send some message and want other to see it. If there appears a feature to shut them off and ignore, then this feature could lose it's beauty. Perhaps only VIP's could toggle them off (way to attract donation although I'm not sure whether custom labels are so popular that it would be worth donating and switching them off).

4. Godmode title. Is it necessary to be visible all the time. In SEF server we had it like when you shoot a person, text on screen appears notifying that player has godmode on, and that's it.

5. Already described above toggling function necessity.

Once again, problem could be solved by making all those labels switchable off/on (permanently until you decide to change settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.