Good at video editing? Win a $20 Steam Gift Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

Server Owner
Everyone,

We're looking for a video to be created to promote SFSE, which will be shown in various places, including, but not limited to, the SFSE website, and advertising material on third-party sites. In return for taking the time to do this, we are offering a $20.00 USD Steam Gift Card, or the equivalent as a transaction via PayPal.

There are, of course, some ground rules that we need to make absolutely clear for anyone that wishes to participate:
  • Must be freshly recorded, starting now. This means that taking clips from old media (even if it was yesterday) is not allowed.
  • Must be produced on SFSE. This means, recording on other servers (or Single Player) is not allowed.
  • Must be at least 2:00 minutes long, and a maximum of 4:00 minutes long.
  • Must not contain any watermarks (i.e. "www.bandicam.com" in the header, or "Created with Filmora Trial Version", etc).
  • Must be watchable in HD (at least 1080p), and lag-free (no frame jitter!). The recording must be provided to us in a downloadable format.
  • Must contain all of SFSE's text draws (the help TD is optional), with the in-game chat disabled (F7) and the killboard disabled (F9).
  • Must feature a wide variety of features - a bit of everything! Minigames, Deathmatching, Stunting, and so on. Including our custom maps is desired (the newest ones).
With all that out the way...
  • The closing date for submissions is Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 at 23:59 UTC.
  • Submissions can be sent to @Polarbear or @cawfee via forum PM, no where else!
  • On the closing date, the submissions will be shared with our staff team, who will have one (1) week to vote on a winner.
  • The winner will be announced on Tuesday, November 13th, 2018, via a public forum post.
  • The prize will be sent to the winner on Tuesday, November 13th, 2018.
Any questions? Please reply to this topic!

Good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

luggi10

That Textdraw part is quite silly, the commands help textdraw which used to be gone after some amount of time (which is permanent displayed nowadays) is the most useless thing in such video.. 3 Minute for a promo is quite long, I honestly think it would be more desired if it was a short, crisp and extraordinary trailer, but thats all just my opinion.

Good luck everybody!

bear

Server Owner
That Textdraw part is quite silly, the commands help textdraw which used to be gone after some amount of time (which is permanent displayed nowadays) is the most useless thing in such video.. 3 Minute for a promo is quite long, I honestly think it would be more desired if it was a short, crisp and extraordinary trailer, but thats all just my opinion.

Good luck everybody!

Fair points. The text draws I was mainly referring to being important are the site TD in the top right, and the minigames player count in the footer. The help TD can be turned off, I have no objections with this. And, we will reduce the minimum time to 2 minutes, maximum 4 minutes.

Neap42O

aight guys Dont worry I'm up for editing.. recording Nah..
Anybody who'd like to edit your vids VIA PM me..
No water Marks , Good Lookin' , Better Quality..
Cost 5m in-game payed to UBER! (JK)

Chaos

Former Staff
A very nice and creative way to get a server trailer.
aight guys Dont worry I'm up for editing.. recording Nah..
Anybody who'd like to edit your vids VIA PM me..
No water Marks , Good Lookin' , Better Quality..
Cost 5m in-game payed to UBER! (JK)
I am gonna be up standalone & Thanks for the money ;)

Kegg

Woah After Seeing All These Replies I Dont Hope To Win
NAH JUST KIDDING! Actually The Time I Made The Server Trailer I Was A Bit New To Editing And Right Now I Have been much more better at it but anyway i have already submitted my trailer , Lets See Who Wins , This Is Going To Be A Lot frolicsome

Kegg

So If Any Trailer Gets Selected Will You Guys Allow To Give a Bit Of Retouch To It? (The Same Thing But A Bit Of More Better Effects) So That The Final Version Would Be The Best?

bear

Server Owner
So If Any Trailer Gets Selected Will You Guys Allow To Give a Bit Of Retouch To It? (The Same Thing But A Bit Of More Better Effects) So That The Final Version Would Be The Best?

I'm sorry, but no.

-

Entries closed as of 23:59 UTC. The Staff team will be picking their favourites! We'll be back shortly with the results :)

Status
Not open for further replies.