Happy New Year! ALL BANS LIFTED + FREE MONEY + NEW ADMINS, and more!

bear

Server Owner
Greetings everyone! :)

It needs not to be said that 2020 has been an eventful year - a year that many of us have been quickly wishing away like no other. With that, however, the population as a whole has demonstrated a heightened sense of strength, courage and resistance, which will only be valuable going forward into the new year, and help us to resume normal life as we know it. Stay strong, keep faithful, and 2021 will surely be a year to remember for the right reasons!

Now for some SFSE news!

ALL BANS LIFTED
As we've done for the past couple years on New Year's Day, we've lifted all game, forum and Discord bans, with a few exceptions (you'll know what you did...). For you statistics fans out there, this meant lifting a whopping 6326 of them - up from 3580 this time last year. Our staff tirelessly catch and re-ban evaders, so a personal plea from me - don't make them do this. Follow the rules and you can enjoy the server and our staff team can focus on better things for the players.

RACE RECORDS RESET
Over time, races get their share of "unfair" times. Namely, people who exploit map bugs, or even use cheats, in order to get the fastest possible time. It's for that reason we like to clean things up in order to minimize the amount of such cases and make for a fair experience whereby everyone has the opportunity to get a record breaking, or at least, top 10 time. As such, any records older than 60 days have now been removed.

HOUSE CLEANUP
Any houses owned by players who haven't logged in for over 3 months have been sold, with a partial refund given. Now's the time to go get your dream house on SFSE!

FREE MONEY
To help everyone get the most of SFSE, anyone who's money was less than $250,000 has now had their money set to $250,000. A number of players actually maintained negative balances, and many had no money at all, which severely limits use of SFSE's awesome features!

THREE NEW ADMINISTRATORS
Following successful Staff Applications, please join me in welcoming @k0shya, @Shaan and @breyt to the team! I wish you all the best and thank you for taking the time to help us out!

SPECIAL THANKS
I would personally like to extend my thanks to @Kostas. As many of you will (and should!) know, Kostas was invited to be a joint-owner of SFSE a few months ago, and has made massive contributions in-game and behind the scenes (the gamemode itself, the website, and so on). Additionally, @Luis deserves praise for his outstanding efforts on building our new website, which is powered by Bootstrap and fully responsive - a must in 2021! Big thanks as well to @NoType, @madvillayo, @IroniZ, @nave and @breyt for their awesome map contributions this year! And last, but certainly not least, all current and former staff members who helped us create a fun and enjoyable environment for everyone throughout 2020 - we couldn't do this without you!

Special thanks to everyone who has also very kindly donated to SFSE this year. This helps no end to keep us going and provide a wonderful experience for players around-the-globe.

The biggest thanks of all, though, goes to Commander @dode for bringing us many hours of entertainment and despite the fact he's a little shit who has ban evaded more times than I've had hot meals, we love him all the same!

UP NEXT
This is...San Fierro Stunt Evolution, and so, the stunters among you will be thrilled as we've coded up the ability for you to pop vehicle tires using a command! This isn't live yet (but will be very soon!). Our Chief Stunter (and founder of Stunt Wars), @madvillayo, mentioned that this functionality will create the potential for at least 20 new stunts (just off the top of his head!) - so that's something awesome to look forward to!

ROUNDING UP
As SFSE's owner, I'm very proud of the community we've built here. It is very much unique, and whilst I may not be the most active in-game, I very much appreciate each and every one of you who takes the time to join us and make for a community that is well-connected, friendly and above all else - simply awesome!

On behalf of the entire team at San Fierro Stunt Evolution, I wish you and your loved ones a happy and safe new year!

Lots of love,
bear

Last edited:

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
happy new year y'all. looking forward to what sf-se has in store for us this year!