Hide staff members

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
Hi,

So I will just write a few things here that actually make sense and need to be talked about. Admins being announced publicly whenever they login or being recognized if a player types the /admins command is a problem.

Lets talk about the known two problems. For example a hacker wants to hack (??) he firstly has to check if there are admins online right? He types the /admins command and checks if they are online or if it shows AFK or whatever, then the hacker has nothing to worry about. Another example, a hacker is cheating while there are no admins online, a regular player (especially me) goes to discord as fast as possible to call an admin to join the game, and hopes that the admin is not busy doing something else. So after the admin joins, it will publicly announce that the admin has logged in, what do you expect the hacker to do? He will disable his cheats or just exit the game leaving us with three choices:

1. The regular player that called the admin has a recorded evidence
  2. Wait for the hacker to join the game again and get caught by the admin
  3. Wait for the hacker to enable the cheats again, so the admin/regular player record the evidence

Really, nobody wants to know who the hell admins are, if they are sooooo cool, woooow look at me I have an admin as passenger in my vehicle, loool I take screenshot blahblahblah, then let them recognize each other for themselves. No need to to feel too special having an admin status/level, because being an admin/staff member is mostly a job to keep the server clean right?

Thanks for reading.

Bassam

VIP
Former Staff
Players rely on admins for guaranteed help
If someone is hacking, they’re most likely not going to care about admins being online
However if they do, you can just record them and report
I find the login announcement and the admin list being there way better than not

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
I reckon some people won't ever bother /report'ing if they see no administrators are online.. I find this counterproductive (as well as being slightly entrapment lol) - administrators are not solely here to punish, but also assist others. If our presence stops a player (who likely won't play here again) from hacking, then our job is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.