In-forum race submission!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[open]

Hello SFSE'ers,

This suggestion will get accepted based on your feedback, so be honest. :)

We will introduce a "Races" section in-forum, below or above the "Gangs" section.

Basically, this section will help both the players who submitted races in-game, demanding on their race to get accepted or reviewed and the ones that will review races by accepting/denying them.

In this section, we will have "Pending races" and "Proceed races" as sub-sections, once thread proceed by either getting Accepted/Denied, it will be moved to "Proceed races" sub-section.

There will be a format for players to use when posting their threads in "Pending races" sub-section, the format will be like this:
Code:
In-game Name:
Race name:
Race type:
Required vehicle:
Video of race (if possible):

Races that are submitted in "Pending races" sub-section, will be reviewed within 1~3 days, the votes for races are open for all players. But the one to give final decision of-course those who can accept/deny race in-game.

Players are allowed to create the thread once they submit the race in-game, this will increase the chance of the race being reviewed and will get many players to contribute in the review process by making it open for all to vote and drop opinions or improvements for each race submission, we don't want to accept races that you don't like and not interested to participate in.

Also, it is a good way to notify staff about new race submissions. I came up with this because players keep on spamming my private messages and other head admins private messages to review their races and proceed them.
Not saying that we won't review submitted races in-game, but having this would make the proceed process much faster and it would give an opportunity for others to contribute in the review process of submitted races.

Thank you and best regards,
Faker

Chaos

Former Staff
Once a race moderation team was made. They had the same job, they were provided a private sub forum.
This team fell apart and things went the way they are right now.
Reviewing the races in game isn't that hard too but making a sub forum isn't that hard a task too. so basically i'd say that we reinstate the idea if there are people willing to be active race moderators.

bear

Server Owner
I have no problem backing this idea and making whatever changes/additions to the forum are needed, however I can't help but wonder if this idea may be over-engineered. Realistically, we don't get that many race submissions and keeping up with the queue between the various HA+ members shouldn't be too tricky.

Right now I see 15 races in the queue, the oldest being from March 16th. If we handled those 15 in queue, and then set a target approval/disapproval of say, 48 hours, we'd only be looking at a small handful that need processing every couple days.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
I check race submissions pretty much every time I join (slacking a liiittle lately, but I only had someone really mention their race needing checked to me like.. twice in the past year). As Polar said, if we (HA+) just keep up the approving/disapproving races, then I don't think this would be necessary.

It is a cool idea for others to review races, but it's already possible! They can review current submission through the /rb menu, I helped blood with a few when I didn't have a rank. I feel like a small team (HA+ and even possibly race moderators) would have a better judgement than an entire community, which may not see the repetitiveness/unoriginality/etc of some races

Status
Not open for further replies.