Increasing your FPS

Emperor

Br0HPhI.png

CcY4dIc.png

Hello, this is a tutorial on how to increase your FPS for those who have a low-end (or bad) PC and runs the game with 10~20 FPS.

If you have a good PC this topic will be helpful as well, giving you some extra FPS.

From 15 FPS to 60~70 FPS (or even more)

CcY4dIc.png

We need the following programs:
Crashes
2. No shadow
3. Timecyc
They can be downloaded here, click me.

CcY4dIc.png

uCA4YyG.png

5yzTjtE.png

1. Put the files from the folder "Timecyc" on the folder "data" of the game.

2. The "gta_sa.exe" file must go to the game root folder. (Usually C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

Info: There is two folders inside the "Timecyc" folder. The first one is "Azul" which stands for blue. And the second is "Branco" which stands for white. Select the one you like most.

What is timecyc? The timecyc.dat file contains the information for how to display the sky, weather effects and time of day. It is split into the many sections.

CcY4dIc.png

azfo1NZ.png

1. Put the file "noShadows.asi" on the game root folder (where the "gta_sa.exe" file is, usually "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas").

2.The file "particle.txd" goes to the models folder.

CcY4dIc.png

bkyZE8s.png

1. Install the executable file "crashes-v2.4.exe" normally. (ASI Loader should not be installed because it is an old version, the installer will prompt during the installation.)

2.Move the "crashes.cfg" to the game root folder.

CcY4dIc.png

g5pPGPx.png

1. While in-game... Go to the game options > mod configuration and change "enable logging" to off.

2. Go to "Modifications", "Removedor de arvores" and change the priority to "100".

CcY4dIc.png

FljYtym.png

1. You can use a low brightness setting on the game while a higher brightness on your physic monitor to reduce lags.

2. Lower draw/horizon distance may get your game to run faster.

3. Turn off the frame limiter

4. Widescreen may be off

5. Anti-aliasing may be off

6. If you can use a lower resolution the game will run faster.

CcY4dIc.png

CcY4dIc.png

tjcm4Nu.png

QETerk8.png

PsFyg2n.png

1. Trees without leaves
2. ASI Loader
3. Crashes
4. Reduced effects (no fire/smoke)
5. GTA Shrinker
6. Modloader
7. No dust
8. No shadow
9. Sillent Patch
10. Timecyc

Download them HERE.
CcY4dIc.png

tCaK6Zx.png

// Put the files from the folder "GTA Shrinker" into the root folder of the game, then execute it and select "Shrink", wait for the completion (100%) and close.

// Copy the files from the folder "ASI Loader" and paste into the root folder of the game.

// Install the modload also into the root folder of GTA:SA.

// Copy both folders of "Sillent Patch" and place them into the root folder of the game.

// Installing Timecyc: First copy the modified executable of GTA:SA (gta_sa.exe) and place it under the root folder of the game.
/ Under the Modload folder, create a subfolder called Timecyc. Copy the folder data from the original folder and place it under the new one.

// Place the folder Arvores sem folha (trees without leaves) into the folder "modloader"

// Open the folder "No shadow (remover sombras)" and copy the file "NoShadows.asi" and paste it in the root folder.
/ The file "particle.txd" goes to the "Models" folder.

// Create a new folder inside the modloader folder and name it as No Dust, copy the folder data from the original folder and place it under the new one.

// Install crashed-v2.4.exe into your root folder, as well as the crashes file.

// In the game, go to the settings > Mod configurations > Modifications > Arvores sem folhas (trees without leaves) and set its priority to 100%.
/ Repeat this process with timecyc and set its priority to 100%.

CcY4dIc.png

nByK0E7.png

1. Copy both files from the downloaded folder "data" and paste them into the folder "data" from GTA.

Download here

CcY4dIc.png

nV5sYv2.png

1. Copy "particle.txt" and place it in the "model" folder of your GTA.

Download here

CcY4dIc.png

bWjiV3B.png

Text, file downloads and instructions by Connfrey.
Grammar check and review (after complete topic updates) by Clashy.

Last edited by a moderator:

pokles

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2021
VIP
Always looked for a no shadow and especially no smoke/fire effects, i might give it a go

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Wow bro, thank you so much before I got 90 FPS but now I am getting 250 FPS
I hope you realize that most humans can't distinguish more than 60-75 FPS.
Give half of your graphics card to me! I could use some more GPU to play newer games and you have plenty already ;)

vo1cano

Most people have 70hz monitor and getting 60fps or 80fps on it quite doesn't fit as it come with lag spikes so, limiting your fps according to your monitor hz will be way better.

for example if u have 70hz monitor, u simply go in game and follow these steps.

Code:
ESC>Options>Display Settings>Advance Setting>Frames Limiter>On

after that open your in-game chat and type this.

Code:
/fpslimit (hz of your monitor)
i.e /fpslimit 70

the game would be way smoother if its on your monitor hz then have 100fps on 60hz monitor, and if you can't reach 70 fps like normally it doesn't stays at your monitor hz simple just close frames limiter from the options and go with the mods.

I personally would prefer in-game settings, timecyc, Low polly effects, no leaves mod and personal weapon mods. gives 30-40 more fps to your normal fps. and if you're using windows 10 just simple use fpsunlocker.cs and these mods you'll be good to go.

Dishoom

Naw, Its not the ping issue, but i used to get 60-70 fps
Now (After the Fps Increase pack) i am getting more than 120, sometimes it gets to 250. but randomly, it lowers immediately.

What should i do to prevent that issue, i am tired up of this and its making my dm so bad. i just hate to even dm these past 2 days.
@Sloth @LeslavvvDBH