Jetpacks in turf wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Description (in few words): Players can spawn jetpacks in turf wars and fly away

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible:
Players in turf wars can spawn jetpacks. It's also possible to spawn a jetpack right next to the turf war icon (the spinning "i"), start a turf war and then pick the jetpack up again. Either way, the jetpack allows the player to fly in the air, making it impossible for the opposing gang to fight back. That is, unless they also spawn jetpacks. Furthermore, it's possible to simply fly away from the turf with the jetpack, which guarantees that the opposing gang won't get a single kill.
Strictly speaking, I can't say for sure that this is a bug, maybe it's a feature. But I think using jetpacks in turf wars isn't intended, especially when abused like described above. Another issue that arises here is that players can leave the turf without any restrictions. Maybe there should be world boundaries for turf wars. Whatever the solution, this issue needs a thorough discussion.
A similar bug was reported by Phantom here.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Start a turf war or join one that your gang is already in. Spawn jetpack. Fly away from the turf.

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here):
In this picture, you can see the health pickups that spawned mid-air because my opponent was also flying with a jetpack

UKvpDLz.png

In the pictures below, you can see how far away from the turf I was able to fly

kZtmmxL.png

yaOn4En.png

Desired Reward (see here): Minor

nessie

VIP
I think having jetpacks in turfwars was meant to be a feature.

And about flying away they should add a limited distance when you are far away from the zone (for example world bounderies), even I don't know if this already exist or if players with jetpacks can be detected by the server.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
And about flying away they should add a limited distance when you are far away from the zone (for example world bounderies), even I don't know if this already exist or if players with jetpacks can be detected by the server.
Right now, there is no limit to how far players can go from the turf. In the screenshots above, you can clearly see that I flew all the way across Los Santos with a jetpack and I didn't even get a warning.

I think having jetpacks in turfwars was meant to be a feature.
I'd argue that most players don't expect to see jetpacks when they join a turf war. Very few actually use them. Even experienced players like me didn't know until now that jetpacks can be used in turf wars. But I guess it all comes down to players' opinions on whether they want jetpacks to be a part of turf wars or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.