Killscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIKNAIZ

Current killscreen adds no value to the experience. It's just a floating camera above your dead body and if you're on a dming spree, it gets annoying. I'd suggest either:

1. Creating fast respawn, where you skip the thing entirely,
2. Creating an actual killscreen where you are able to spec your killer for a few seconds, with an ability to respawn with a mouse click at any time.

Last edited:

bear

Server Owner
Whenever we make changes to SFSE, we try to do so with the attitude: what's the benefit?

I'm now applying this thinking to the floating camera effect post-death and I really don't see a benefit. Ultimately it just slows down the time in which people are able to return to the action. I just timed it and it took about 5 seconds in total. Likely causes client crashing/freezing too because SA:MP is shoddy.

+1 to removing it in favour of instant respawn.

cawfee

While it would be possible to spectate a killer and avoid the floating camera effect, this is unlikely to offer any benefit. I think most players would rather respawn and rejoin the action. On the other hand, instantly respawning would not be possible. This is because when a player dies the game the onPlayerWasted event is called and this triggers the camera movement/delay until respawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.