Maintain the effect of muting people (and possibly other kinds of lasting punishments) even after they rejoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ern

Hey there!

As I joined today for a quick gameplay, I witnessed people wreaking havoc with advertising their own or other servers with additional gifts. I've seen them getting muted, yet they rejoined in mere seconds and kept going. I asked about why don't they get kicked or banned, and got the reply that there is no point since they can easily change their IPs and avoid their bans. Fair enough, but I also asked whether the effect of muting people stays in place after they rejoined, and learned the sad answer which is no. Then came the idea to mind to post this suggestion.

So basically my suggestion is to maintain the effect of muting even after people rejoin. For now it seems to be a clear and very convenient way to avoid such kinds of punishments (be it due to advertising, spamming, flooding, profanity etc.). Furthermore it creates unnecessary stress and warrants unnecessary energy and attention from the staff team since they have to repeat their actions when something like this can be put in place.
I wonder whether other kinds of punishment that have lasting effects like jail for example is in the same situation or not. If so, it would be good to have those strengthened and solidified.

lilkapaa

Totally, this is something that I had in mind especially after today's events with Prodigy spamming all the time.

+1.

To prevent mute evasion.

The only option left to avoid mute would be creating a new account and registering in-game (benefiting server).

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
There is no harm in having this added (it would actually be quite nice for punishments to be saved) however I ask if this will ever really be useful. Most of the time when we mute players it is often not for a very long time (2-3 mins max) which in most cases players tend to wait out without evading. The advertising scenario you mentioned is a different issue which would not be solved with a saved mute. Players as such tend to get banned and, if they were to get muted, would simply create a new account.

Neutral

Duy

This is like a must-have feature tbh, staffs can take a huge load off their feet not worrying about people relogging to evade punishment again. Also it should be rather easy to code...

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
+1

This will be helpful for muting players who rejoin to evade it. I know that there aren't much mute evaders but this can be added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.