Migration to the C++ gamemode

cawfee

Happy holidays, dear SFSEers!

I am delighted to announce that we will soon undergo the long awaited upgrade to the C++ gamemode that I have been working on behind the scenes. The update is scheduled to take place on the 29th December at approximately 21:00 EST (during this time we experience the smallest player counts). Please note, the time may be subject to change. The upgrade is expected to take just over an hour.

The beta period was largely a success and many quirks were discovered and resolved. Alongside the gamemode update, we will be changing to our former website which offers integration with the gamemode. Many of you should be familiar with it as it was last used in 2015.

You will see improvements in our user interface, new life given to older features, and an array of new features. Most notably, switching to a C++ code-base affords us performance gains in almost every scenario. The server will feel smoother and more responsive making game-play more enjoyable than ever.

What is going to happen with our data?

Your account and preferences will be transferred to work with our new database setup. No stats will be lost and your accounts will remain the same. However, user accounts of individuals who spent less than one hour online will be erased.

What data will be lost?

Unfortunately, due to a different database structure, some things could not be ported over and some things we have decided to start fresh with. To make up for what was lost, we will be providing free VIP membership for everyone for a month. For a short time, houses will be supplied free of charge, as well. We hope that the revamped gang system makes up for the loss of your gang data. We are sorry.

In short, what will be lost is:

• Attachments (toys)
  • Gangs
  • Houses
  • Bans will be cleared
  • Race records will be cleared (long overdue this is)
Concluding remarks

Many of you have participated in testing and providing feedback to me during this time. Constructive development would not have been possible without your help. Thank you all very much for helping! As always, many thanks goes to @AndreT! You can expect to see a culminating change-log posted in the next few days! If anyone has any questions, concerns, please don't hesitate to voice them!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mauri

VIP
Former Staff
Hell yea dudes, keep up the great work!

7oCWB0z.gif

Techie

We will be doing a party at 20:00 EST which will consist of a countdown to the server restart into the new game mode. After this we will be continuing the party with a few events on some of the new minigames. 

Make sure you're there! 

darkness

Former Staff
We will be doing a party at 20:00 EST which will consist of a countdown to the server restart into the new game mode. After this we will be continuing the party with a few events on some of the new minigames. 

Make sure you're there! 
For those who don't know military time, it's 8:00PM EST

Chaos

Former Staff
Damn! Uncle Google Says :

Pakistan is 10 hours ahead of Eastern Time
11:34 PM Thursday, Eastern Time (ET) is

9:34 AM Friday, Pakistan (GMT+5)

So! maybe i will have to wake up early to get the party Because i cannot miss this great event.But thanks To the Almighty God that its holidays in Pakistan till new year whooooo!
So, I can Join the PARTYYYY.Yupee :)  

Micka

Nice, about the data lost, are you sure you can't do anything? Maybe I could help migrate them to the new database, PM me if you want.

darkness

Former Staff
Nice, about the data lost, are you sure you can't do anything? Maybe I could help migrate them to the new database, PM me if you want.
The gangs, houses & toy databases in the C++ gamemode are different, that is the only data loss we'll have, everything else, core stats, achievements was successfully ported over.