More Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
/Me Cooldown
Some russian players nowadays spam /me alot, those who use some sort of mods which automatically sends messages in the chat about their actions. So a mute system can be added for spamming in /me. The player will not be able to use /me for sometime(2 minutes in my opinion) if they type in it more than three times rapidly. This can also be called cooldown.

EXAMPLE:
sa-mp-142.png

Players in minigame
Like /racers and /falloutplayers, similar commands should be added for every minigame to see the name of the players in a minigame. This can actually be helpful in some ways, especially for the admins.

/Savetime and /Saveweather
Players can save their time and weather using /savetime and /saveweather respectively. I think this was already suggested by someone in the past.
EDIT: /mapwt added for this purpose in an update.

VIP title/badge in forums and discord
VIPs should get forums and discord VIP title. They can also have custom forum and discord nickname color like the staff members. I would prefer green color. If someone has temporary VIP membership then they will hold the title and color till their VIP membership expires. Also we should be able to see the VIP members here like the Staff members.

EXAMPLE:
bandicam 2020-04-29 00-33-12-161.jpg
NOTE: The things inside the red box are edited just to show you an example of how it should look like.

/Vips
Able to see the VIPs online in game using /vips command.

Attachments

• bandicam 2020-04-29 00-33-12-161.jpg
    bandicam 2020-04-29 00-33-12-161.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
[/Me Cooldown]
It's a way to recognize cheaters easier when they do it, the rest of players don't abuse it.

[Players in minigame]
I like it, certainly helpful - especially for staff members.

[/Vips]
+1

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
A +1 for all of them pretty much. VIPs used to have a badge on the forums, not exactly sure why it was removed. I think bringing it back wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
/falloutplayers
Oh no! Shaan has revealed one of the forgotten commands. Only the ancients know why it exists.
Jokes aside, I haven't felt any need for such commands (other than /racers). If others think these could be useful, then that's OK with me.

In general, these suggestions might be good to have on the server. I don't think these could cause any harm, so why not add them.

Akira

Former Staff
The first suggestion about /me is a must have, to be fair. I guess saying something twice as a limit per 2 minutes would do - goodbye cyrillic spam.

Also, the one about seeing who is playing in a minigame might be useful as well as for DM's, just in case you want to avoid or follow a specific player or more, for example.

nessie

VIP
VIPs should get forums and discord VIP title. They can also have custom forum and discord nickname color like the staff members. I would prefer green color. If someone has temporary VIP membership then they will hold the title and color till their VIP membership expires. Also we should be able to see the VIP members here like the Staff members.
Ranks are set manually on forums, so basically owners will have to set or remove ranks whenever someone's vip expires.

bear

Server Owner
/Me Cooldown:
It's not fair to punish the majority of people who use this fairly. This is one of the reasons we have admins; to tackle such cases.

Players in minigame:
I actually suggested to cawfee after seeing this thread that we remove /falloutplayers as it's useless. That's now done for the next update. You don't need to know which players are in a minigame, and if for some reason you do, just /spec them.

/Savetime and /Saveweather:
Looks like you answered this one yourself.

VIP title/badge in forums and discord:
It would require manual adjustment by cawfee or I when VIP expires, and frankly neither of us can be bothered with that.

/Vips:
Something is in the pipeline, stay tuned :)

Not really sure where to put this thread since it contains some yes and some no...so I'll just move it to denied on the balance the majority are negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.