New gang requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
Hi,

I saw many gangs or specific gangs obviously inviting random people to their gang that they called from discord or something, for their own advantage or for support in TurfWars/GangWars or whatever you want to call it. The people they invited aren't regular/active SFSE players, never played SFSE or register to help the gang and never play on the server again.

So my suggestion is to set limits for new registered players so they don't join a gang instantly after registering.

Feedback

I think We have got the right to kick those "inactive/not regular members". And usually people invite discord friends or "random people" whatever you say because they know each other he have right to call his friends in his gang for help even that guy spam only smg in the gang war.

Pinch

Staff Member of the Year | 2020
Former Staff
-1 from me as well.

There are requirements for someone to start a gang. It's the owner's wish to recruit whoever he/she wants to.

nessie

VIP
I think We have got the right to kick those "inactive/not regular members". And usually people invite discord friends or "random people" whatever you say because they know each other he have right to call his friends in his gang for help even that guy spam only smg in the gang war.
The right/permission exists, but the requirement doesn't.
I agree with Feedback, we always have a right to kick inactive members, and also.. what if someone makes a gang just for fun and wants to hang out with friends, but his friends aren't able to join just because of this rule. Also.. you said "member advantage". Don't even talk about that, you know why teaming rule is deleted, right?
-1 Aswell
That has nothing to do with the teaming rule first of all, second if you want to 'hang out' with friends in a gang or whatever you have to meet requirements yourself before creating one. Even the reason of suggesting this is clear.
-1 from me as well.

There are requirements for someone to start a gang. It's the owner's wish to recruit whoever he/she wants to.
It is their wish, but if their wish is to 'beat' a specific gang by inviting anyone from their discord stupid friends list then it is another thing.

Anyone else replying to that topic? I only see 3 people from a gang that does that.

nessie

VIP
Let me make things clear here; That happened more than once and I'm actually sick of it. The players they invite never play on the server again. Just register to join the gang and help them to beat specific gangs in turfwars. (And no. It's not only pinch's "gang" doing this)

If you are attacking me with negative votes just by seeing people's/friends' votes up there then it stays your opinion after all. I don't really give a sh*t obviously. But that thing just went to far and happened for the third time. Once when loly created a gang out of jealousy (The Unknowns) or whatever to take over the MOB zones, and once when MOB attacked Hilltops' zones and matrix invited friends from discord and now after he joined Pinch's gang, he noticed he did not have enough member advantage so he invited friends again. If you think that suggestion should be moved to denied section then just do it, nobody is stopping you.

sa-mp-027.png
also a proof that I don't care.

Last edited:

bear

Server Owner
Whilst we could easily implement such limitations, I'm not sure that we should.

Let's keep in mind this is a freeroam server and by adding too many requirements, we start to move away from that mode and more towards roleplay.

If people do join just to join a gang and capture a MOB zone, well I'm just glad that they took the time to do so. SA:MP is massively down on player count compared to years gone by and by preventing this, we are only cutting down on potential players.

The truth is that bar a few, gangs on SFSE are largely non-existent, and that sucks.

I would hate to think that a group of friends who wanted to form a gang found our server, then saw requirements, and left. We've just lost a handful of players.

Additionally, the negative votes in this thread are overwhelming.

It doesn't make sense to do this, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.