New report system

Do you agree that the report system should be changed?

• I agree, because.... (OPTIONAL)

• I don't agree, because.... (OPTIONAL)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
Hi,

an idea came my mind today and it is about changing the report system and make it easier for players and clearer for staff members.

This is the report menu of a steam game (not going to mention it). There you have to choose what you want to report the player for:
Screenshot_2.png

so my idea is about turning the /report [ID] [Reason] into /report [ID] and then a dialog or a menu will appear and there you will choose what you want to report the player for as I said above. But there must be of course all possible reasons (teaming, bug abusing, etc..). I know that the idea sounds a bit terrible, complicated or takes too long to report, but it will prevent mistyping the reason or the wrong player id (should be shown on the dialog/menu title).

Pool set to never expire.

bear

Server Owner
Generally speaking, the reports we get are pretty good. For example, here are the most recent reports:

1586851231798.png

Notice how precise they are.

Even in the event that someone gets reported for something less than ideal (i.e. "hacks" or "cheats"), admins will still watch the player and try to figure it out for themselves.

I appreciate you taking the time to make the suggestion, but believe me when I say: we have much more exciting features and enhancements in the works and generally cawfee would prefer to use his limited development time to build updates that are focused on the players and the core gaming experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.