Race start checkpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
There are many races in SFSE that have smaller CPs than usual, including start CPs. However, when joining a race, players are spawned within the default radius. As a result, they might spawn outside the start CP. In races like How did I get here 2 and NRGParkour, this gets players stuck in places they shouldn't get to.
That's why I suggest adjusting the spawn radius of players joining the race to be equal to the CP radius. That means players would always spawn inside the CP, regardless of how big or small it is. It would prevent players from spawning in unintended places.
There's nothing wrong with having different CP sizes for different races. Problems arise because the spawn radius is too big for races with small CPs. In the examples below, you can see that the CPs have just the right sizes, but players might spawn outside the start CP.

How did I get here 2
I joined the race and was spawned so far away from the CP. While it isn't much of a problem here...

LeCBOhW.png

...it's possible to spawn beyond the roof and fall down. There is no way to get back up with a bicycle.

PuWwqQE.png

NRGParkour
Again, I clearly spawned outside the CP. While in this case I could spawn a new bike and race normally...

Bjfat02.png

...it's possible to spawn stuck inside the wall behind the start CP. The only way to race is to /leave and join the /race again, hoping not to get stuck another time.

WAbwens.png

Amaluna

New Stunter of the Year | 2019
Former Staff
I'd like to latch on to this a bit, as I feel the race system in general has some significant flaws in it, one being the spawn locations.

Giving people total freedom for 50 seconds or however long it may take for the race to get started is a bit iffy if you ask me. They are absolutely free to get out of their vehicle, time a car jack that could result in you not being able to participate that round. I'd like to suggest that you give everyone the exact same spawn location, totally freeze their controls for as long as it takes before the race starts or just autokick them from the race if they left the car.

cawfee

For the next update:

1.) It will be guaranteed the players will be spawned within the checkpoint as the checkpoints radius is now properly taken into account.
2.) I agree, 60 seconds is quite long to wait. As such I have reduced the wait time to 30 seconds.
3.) There will be some protection added to stop car jacking.

Thanks for the input, @Sulps and @Amaluna!

Status
Not open for further replies.