simple is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

selo

I've had a longass fight with bloodring about things that are annoying and frustrating to use in sfse and how they were so much simpler and generic in sef. He kept telling me owners listen and that i should go suggest them. I'm gonna hope that my assumptions are wrong and these get added.

Before i tell anything, the idea is to make things simpler and more efficient.

-/housecar get is too long that it makes no sense to type instead of going for /v inf or /v nr. why cant it just be /myc or /myv ?

-why dont certain things have a short cmd(also alternates /house for /myhouse or just /h) for them? /sj nope /superjump nope /SUPERMAN yes???????

-why no /sa for /stopanim?

-alot of toggles are disabled to change in a gwar. i've seen people use /objects to go through mapped objects and make it harder for us to hit. neither does /ws or /toys toggles work. why exactly?

-do we really need so many lines for every single thing?
c469ef9bce9696635bcfa7c72c5cd379.png

27dbdbfe6ee5afb80c21c149a7834e7f.png

1890f1468aba2655598046007df97b7d.png

6325946bb064842d42074a5e69db6b67.png

3cdd9749c46a7fb06376116e51fcbfef.png

3bb69d3730e7faf889d9031ce15e937e.png

-why does /god and /superman save on login but not /nostype? whats the logic under this??

-/textdraws also dont save and im doubtfull that the tip textline toggle is functional

-why are almost all races done in infernuses????

-why do we have to see the line xxx person joined no xxx person didnt join because hes affected by a ban sorry:( this is also abusable, ive seen dudes that use a relog cleo to spam the chat by being banned.

-why are gang war lines a screen textline instead of a server automated chatline? there are so many textlines to take one into consideration to read therefore i ignore gang wars without even realizing

-you guys give us the ability to change our names at any given times, but no possibility to know who they were. something such as /ncrecords <namehere> would be helpful to keep a track of names.

-this is misleading.
a7230f6f95de8191498f97d3aabe7cdd.png

i am on the admin applications thread board, why am i supposed to make my threads in the "pending" which is not that clear when you dont know if your thread will be considerate or not at all??

-this is funny
b16ee498c6d1563ebe185a69215ca7ed.png

gRanD tHefT aUtO mUltiPlayEr

there are things i probably forgot to add, but if i remember them i wont be shy to share them.

bear

Server Owner
Thanks for your suggestions. They're all pretty logical and well thought out. Most of these are quick fixes with no downside.

To quickly comment on the admin applications: in the application template, there is a link to submit an application. Ideally, we would have applications posted in the Administrator applications forum itself, however due to the permissions system of our forum software, we can't have it any other way in order for applications to be kept private to the candidate, and staff, aimed at ensuring all applications are unique and not just copied. If you can think of a better name for the "Pending applications" forum section, happy to change it.

The carjack rule does seem odd. I'd have no objections with removing it. The /lock command exists for a reason, after all.

selo

oh the pending forum is there so the main "adminsitrator applications forum" cant be open to post threads and be hidden from others reading it at the same time??? or am i wrong

bear

Server Owner
oh the pending forum is there so the main "adminsitrator applications forum" cant be open to post threads and be hidden from others reading it at the same time??? or am i wrong

The pending forum is where applications can be created, which is visible to just the player, and staff.
The parent forum exists for the purpose of storing the application template, which is visible by everyone.

I've gone ahead and added a description for the pending forum to try and help ease any confusion:
Applications can be created in this forum (please read this thread first!). All applications will be considered, and replied to.

NOTE: It is normal that you can only see your own thread (if you've posted one).

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I agree with most of the things you've written, but there are a few things I'd like to point out.
-why does /god and /superman save on login but not /nostype? whats the logic under this??
-/textdraws also dont save and im doubtfull that the tip textline toggle is functional
I'm confident these are bugs, not intended features. These should be fixed as soon as possible.
-why are almost all races done in infernuses????
That's because most races let players choose their own vehicle. Since Infernus is usually the fastest, everyone picks it. This leads to the question how many races should have a set vehicle and how many should let the players choose.
-why are gang war lines a screen textline instead of a server automated chatline? there are so many textlines to take one into consideration to read therefore i ignore gang wars without even realizing
The text flashes and a green figure appears on your radar. You can't possibly miss both for 3 minutes!
-you guys give us the ability to change our names at any given times, but no possibility to know who they were. something such as /ncrecords <namehere> would be helpful to keep a track of names.
I entirely agree. I don't remember if it was in SFSE, but in one server there was the command /alias, which would show the last 5 nicknames of a player.

selo

That's because most races let players choose their own vehicle. Since Infernus is usually the fastest, everyone picks it. This leads to the question how many races should have a set vehicle and how many should let the players choose.
Yes thats the thing, i rather see a dedicate car for every race than being able to choose infernus everywhere. it kills the variation.

The text flashes and a green figure appears on your radar. You can't possibly miss both for 3 minutes!

These are passive notifications, i only look at the radar to find a guy with the specific color. And you gotta agree that the amount of textlines sfse has is way too many. Maybe we could have a sound notification? id be happy to see gun buying sound from sp as gwar notification.

dakii

Funniest Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
Good ones! I'd love to see this get added, especially for the /nostype not saving to get fixed!

+1 :D

bear

Server Owner
Last edited by a moderator:

ScrIN

These "who killed who" lines in chat just cause spam and are unnecessary because same information is given in death logs on right side of screen.

sa-mp-198.png

also pls either remove or make these log in/out messages togglable. Its for spam for me, i believe many players dont care whether someone logs in/out
sa-mp-199.png

Why is this message needed. I agree that joining msg doesnt only provide information but also encourages others to join (especially if it becomes mass race) but this leave msg discourages to join - no participants or participants are leaving. And generally useless msg IMHO.
1542458513603.png

Last edited:

bear

Server Owner
@ScrIN - we have an update planned for today. Your two suggestions for removing the kill messages from chat, and race leave messages, have been added to it.

The join/quit game messages will be considered for a future update.

Status
Not open for further replies.