SERVER Spawning positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

screw

Deathmatcher Breakthrough of the Year | 2020
Hello, so I don't know if this was already suggested but it's worth to read this.

I've been fighting for a zone, and after someone killed me, I was instantly getting spawn killed (fire extinguisher and chainsaw mostly), so my suggestion is to set more spawn positions OR more spawn protection time (you still can get stunned with chainsaw and be unable to move, so I still recommend more spawn positions),that's all I've got to say, have a good time.

Regards,
screw.

Last edited:

AlmegAlmeg

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2020
VIP
Former Staff
There is something like that in other servers, called Anti spawn re-kill (I'm doubt I said that currently), after you get killed you get spawned with godmode for 3-5 seconds that gives you the time to run from other players and avoid getting insa killed.
Anyway I support that +1

Metaphor

New Deathmatcher of the Year | 2019
VIP
There is something like that in other servers, called Anti spawn re-kill (I'm doubt I said that currently), after you get killed you get spawned with godmode for 3-5 seconds that gives you the time to run from other players and avoid getting insa killed.
Anyway I support that +1
Fire extinguisher + chainsaw my deadly combo

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
If I recall correctly, the spawn point for turfwars are automatically retrieved by the server; there isn't actually a way for us to manually set the spawn point for a turf zone.. but perhaps it may be possible to expand the turfwar creation functionality in-game to allow to set multiple spawn points (EDIT: manually). If not, then the only resolution would be to remove spray paint/extinguisher/chainsaw from turf wars to prevent spawn killing

Last edited:

Metaphor

VIP
If I recall correctly, the spawn point for turfwars are automatically retrieved by the server; there isn't actually a way for us to manually set the spawn point for a turf zone.. but perhaps it may be possible to expand the turfwar creation functionality in-game to allow to set multiple spawn points. If not, then the only resolution would be to remove spray paint/extinguisher/chainsaw from turf wars to prevent spawn killing
How about going 10kmh away from turf zone and chasing them with snipers? Leaving turf zone would automatically count as losing imo

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Spawn positions are randomly generated from the radius of the gang zones iirc, don't quote me on that though. Removing spray cans, chainsaws etc would suffice imo.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
How about going 10kmh away from turf zone and chasing them with snipers? Leaving turf zone would automatically count as losing imo
Not entirely sure how you gathered that from my proposition, I was simply saying that spawnpoints for each turf would be set manually by head administrators when we make them, instead of generated by the server. This would obviously be within the proximity of the turf zone.

screw

Deathmatcher Breakthrough of the Year | 2020
Yeah yeah remove all the weapons , lets fight with fist on turfwars.
What's the problem? Removing fire extinguisher, spray can and chainsaw from turfwars will just prevent people from spawn killing, fighting with other weapons is playable, so no big deal.

Metaphor

VIP
What's the problem? Removing fire extinguisher, spray can and chainsaw from turfwars will just prevent people from spawn killing, fighting with other weapons is playable, so no big deal.
Fire extinguisher and chainsaw is also weapon and i like using it , it would be cool finding other way to avoid spawnkilling. Removing this weapons is not good imo.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Spawn positions are randomly generated from the radius of the gang zones iirc, don't quote me on that though
If I recall correctly, the spawn point for turfwars are automatically retrieved by the server
I haven't been in many turf wars during the last few months. But from earlier experience, I can say that players always spawn at the marker (the spinning "i") in the middle of the turf. Even if there is a spawn radius, it's so small it doesn't effectively prevent spawn-killing. The marker location, in turn, is defined by the location and size of the turf. Hopefully this clears things up a little.

Spawn-killing in turf wars has bugged me in the past. The ideal solution would be randomized spawn locations. If that's impossible or not feasible (because of buildings or trees or such), then 2-3 additional spawn points in each turf could be set manually. Uncertainty in the opponent's spawn location should be enough to prevent spawn-killing. Only if more spawn points can't be added in any reasonable way, only then should weapons be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.