suggestion to prevent g-abuse in /cnr

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodka

Derby Player of the Year | 2021 - 2023
Server Staff
VIP
noticed yesterday that lots of players abuse g aka go onto an unoccupied bike (this is not a problem with cars) as a passenger which makes them invulnerable unless you /eject them. so i'm suggesting to add an autoslap for those who go as a passenger onto an unoccupied bike, they should also get notified that it isn't allowed whatsoever.

Bassam

VIP
Former Staff
A slap could be annoying when u and a teammate want to go somewhere together and u beat him to the car but it slaps u because he didnt enter as driver yet, maybe 5seconds then auto slap?

SimpleX

Former Staff
A slap could be annoying when u and a teammate want to go somewhere together and u beat him to the car but it slaps u because he didnt enter as driver yet, maybe 5seconds then auto slap?
5 seconds is more than enough to kill someone with a decent DB weapon (like deagle or combat shotgun). You can wait a couple of seconds until the driver gets in I think.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
The last 2 days, I've been playing CnR and a certain group constantly abused passenger drive-by in bikes. I slapped and warned them multiple times but they probably didn't know English or what it was as they never talked and continued doing it.

My personal opinion? Remove bikes altogether because players don't take damage even with a driver on it.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I have an idea: players that try to abuse this should automatically be made to exit the bike. When the character has finished getting on an empty bike as a passenger, it automatically starts getting off (also give a message to the player explaining why the server does that). The same mechanism is already used to make players exit the delivery vehicle while in another mini-game or after being AFK for too long. It prevents players from spending any time in the vehicle without any intrusion, such as slapping.

ScrIN

If I'm not wrong, there is script in SEF gamemode which allows to shoot on bike however player does not give damage to anyone (only if there is no driver and shooter is on back seat).

My personal opinion? Remove bikes altogether because players don't take damage even with a driver on it.

Bikes are generally popular vehicle. Sounds like shooting oneself in the foot if you ban them.

I have an idea: players that try to abuse this should automatically be made to exit the bike. When the character has finished getting on an empty bike as a passenger, it automatically starts getting off (also give a message to the player explaining why the server does that). The same mechanism is already used to make players exit the delivery vehicle while in another mini-game or after being AFK for too long. It prevents players from spending any time in the vehicle without any intrusion, such as slapping.

I would add more line. Force player to exit only if there is no driver and player OPENS FIRE. It does no harm if a random guy is sitting on a back seat. g-abuse isn't sitting as passenger but sitting as passenger and using weapons alongside.

vodka

Derby Player of the Year | 2021 - 2023
Server Staff
VIP
but they probably didn't know English or what it was as they never talked and continued doing it.

which is why there should be an automatic system such as slap or eject when the driver gets off or dies. removing bikes wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion as many players, including myself, prefer bikes over cars in cnr.

Sulps and ScRIN both had good suggestions regarding the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.