..:: Suggestions ::..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyya everyone :D
It may seem a weird a bit that I give suggestions cos I just met the server xd the script is great, a lot of uniqueness, no bugs but I think that some things can be improved or added - just a little things which will attract other/new players. I wanted to suggest 1 or 2 suggestions but I have few more ideas which I will propose when I'm already there. so here we go:

1. Mta:dm - I guess many of you guys heard about this game. Older gta players has graduated race, derby, dm, etc., and they will not resist a new challenge ( im 100 percent sure and it has been proven alreaady), which is at a higher level and real fun for players. There are 2 or 3 race maps at server (paradisio) which probably no one plays cos they are bad and boring. You should just try make like ''Trial version'' in a begining, upload some of good maps (its not complicated). Anyways, sooner or later, the owner will figuire out that he needs it :D Players may be not interested in this now cuz they haven't been notified as well...

2. Race - race system is guud, many good maps & u would add something as an incentive to racers, to become more playful - like when a player sets a new rank - Show up that at global chat like TIP: Player has made a new top time (tt1-tt5 (tt6-tt10 no better)) than name of map and time! ~ It's not necessary but I know that players would like that and also doesn't need /racerecords later to check that.
or ~ additional prize for the race winner like 5 points for his gang or smt ( if there is 5+ players in race )

3. Gang system - I've checked the gangwar system and its great :D ~ I think it would be perfect and great that gang leader can put/edit headtext. ( text above the members head). For example Wme gang headtext can be ' WeMakeEnemies ' ( in the color they want, nvm) - or MOB gang - Money Over Bitches. I think it'll be a cool, they would look more attractive. that most of the gang leaders / members will vote would want to & those who don't want to - they don't have to..

• /topgangs = everything should be counted to gang stats (next to current counting) - all members activities - dm, race, shooter, dd, br..
  • points system for real /topgangs list ..
4. Command /god - Its great when ya just wanna chill in freeroam but a lot of players are abusing that command few times in a minute ( abusers disable god and kill you - than u back in a few secs. to attack him - he enable it again.. and same story again). I think you have to set limit of using that command - twice in a minute is enough i guess..

Aaa enough for now, I can't write anymore xD

Last edited:

bear

Server Owner
Thanks for taking the time to post these suggestions!

1) We have a lot under wraps right now, and an MTA DM is amongst those features. It's very much in the early stages and whether it will make it into production, is as of yet unknown.

2) As it stands, if a player makes a new race record, a chat message is broadcast to all players, including the race name, and the time in seconds in which it was faster.

3) This has previously been suggested, but we'll consider your comment to be a support vote: https://sf-se.net/forum/threads/gang-labels.1589/

4) We currently have safeguards to try and mitigate the effects of /god abuse, including a blocker which prevents it from being activated if one has taken damage recently:

However, I understand what you're saying and have witnessed this first hand too. It's lame without a doubt, but I get the feeling there will only be upset within the community if we were to tweak the behaviour of /god. Personally speaking, it's one of those things that I find easy to combat by A) Keeping my godmode enabled or B) Avoiding being near players who are doing this.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
1. I for one haven't heard of MTA-DM. You need to explain it before I can state my opinion.
I'm not sure if the rest is related to this particular suggestion, but anyway... Nobody has "graduated" old mini-games. If there are enough players, there is enough competition and a need to get better in order to beat the others. There are a lot more than 3 race maps in the server. Check out /t (short for /teles) to find them all. Also, the chat notifies the player about new maps immediately after connecting.
2. Record breaks do show up in chat already. Since all the records have been pushed to the limit, records being broken has become quite rare. That's why you might not have seen it in chat.
Actually, there's even an additional prize for winning a higher number of racers. The more racers there are, the more money the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places alike receive.
3. As Polarbear said, gang labels have already been suggested. I don't have much of an opinion on that matter.
Regarding additional gang stats, you have to consider that most activities in SFSE aren't related to gangs. The /topgangs windows is quite large anyway, which makes adding more stats there difficult. While I like the idea of adding more stats, we can only add so many.
4. I don't think this is necessary. You can already avoid abuse in the ways Polarbear described.

In general, I recommend you become more familiar with the features of the server before making suggestions. As you can see, many of these are already available or have good alternatives.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
1. I've been racing paradisio and trackmania maps for years in SF-SE. A few months ago, ip3 was added and it keeps the same style however I'd definitely want to see a modern map of MTA;DM!

2. I can understand what you're trying to say here. I finish a certain race and chat will notify me that my time is #2 position in top10.

4. Players still abuse god and vehicle dm to kill others, it's not something new. It is possible to desync damage given by shooting these vehicles and a cooldown for godmode seems ideal to me for the other case.

Status
Not open for further replies.