/swar interval

Should the /swar interval be decreased from 5 minutes to 2?

• Yes - that's a good idea

• No - that's a bad idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amaluna

New Stunter of the Year | 2019
Former Staff
Hello, fellow SFSE players!

I mentioned a few times in the server how I wished the /swar interval was decreased from 5 minutes.
The interval, currently at 5 minutes, is slightly too long for many people who mainly join the server to stunt or want to get into it.
/swar is basically all I do in the server so I voiced my opinion in the chat. A few people agreed with my initial idea and therefor I decided to ask cawfee if it was doable.
cawfee then suggested that I created a poll on the forums to gauge the opinions of the player base.

2 minutes is an appropriate interval I think. It will not clog the chat, while still having a respectable time in between.

Majority wins!
If you don't care about /swar, please refrain from voting as it can influence the outcome of the poll.

Thanks for reading and voting. Make the right decision!

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
Our initial reasoning behind the 5 min timer was due to the extra rewards that gangs get, called gangscore, that we didn't want to make completely farmable and whatnot. However, we still wanted to increase activity of gangs that were not DM-based, like gangs that were race-orientated or stunt-orientated.

If this change went through, then I'd probably get rid of the gangscore aspect of it, cause that would effectively make stuntwars an absolute goldmine of gangscore farming. Although you in particular don't benefit from gangscore as you aren't in a gang, stuntwars rewarding gangscore did increase gang activity (yes, not just MSK), quite a bit and got people interested in stunting in the first place, at all.

However, back then, ALL stuntwars gave a base of 3 gangscore - now, they vary based off of difficulty; The hardest stunts rewarding 2 or 3(?), while the easiest reward 0.

Amaluna

New Stunter of the Year | 2019
Former Staff
That really derogates those who have no interest in gangs. I for one am really only on the server for the /swar and use goldpots to waste time in between. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the gangs, but if it interferes with the stunters, i'd say make it no apply to it.

Maddox

It's a good idea, but I don't know if anyone would be willing to do it. In the Freeroam servers I've played on where there has been actual war, it was not really freeroam's as much as it was just a massive TDM (WARS). Maybe a hardcore Freeroam server could pull it off though and Well, it could always be something more defined such Civil war's and have a barricade and there are various guerilla or propaganda forces outside.
well Your idea seems to be unique and innovative and I encourage you about that
but it's all in the end (eventually) the decision is made by the staff.