Teaming in public deathmatches (server rules)

What do you think about removing the teaming rule?

• I'm voting for yes, because I love teaming with my friends/gang-mates.

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • I'm voting for no, because I'm scared of other gangs and they are away too skilled for me.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I'm neutral, because... (POST REPLY)

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nessie

VIP
Hi,

I really don't know if I'm allowed to talk about this, or if I'm too late/early to do so. But as you all remember, Polarbear/@bear made a thread about making changes to the rules (about teaming rule basically) and he made a voting-pole. After a short time people voted/re-voted because of their friends/gang-mates/staff team or whatever, and then Polabear decided to remove the thread because people don't know how to vote (not sure, but he talked about that on discord) and that they were following theirs friends' opinions. The thread started with having more positive votes and after a short time it ended up having mostly negative votes from the same voters.

Since the voting-pole is finally set to anonymous and you can't see who voted for positive/negative or whatever, lets try again. But please don't judge the voting-pole if you don't have any interest or don't care about deathmatching, even if you play it sometimes, because the removal of the rule should be voted between active deathmatchers (I don't know if I'm wrong) and not those that care about themselves or are scared of gangs teaming against them even if they don't play deathmatches at all.

I'm making the voting unchangable, because of what happened in the past, be careful what you vote for, even if by accident.

Thanks for reading,
[MOB]Messi

Shrimps

I'm neutral because I don't really DM that much. I can be a scaredy rat sometimes if I found some players in Deathmatches. If someone asked me if I wanted to team with my Gang in the DM I would be excited lol. I don't really care that much.

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
I don't think everyone is scared of teamers they're just annoyed by them especially when you have 5000 mob members in their natural habitat /deagle.

So how is anyone supposed to have fun in deathmatches when they have everyone from 1 gang teaming up to kill 1 player.

Last edited:

nessie

VIP
I don't think everyone is scared of teamers they're just annoyed by them especially when you have 5000 mob members in their natural habitat /deagle
Sir, is this the only thing you can judge the discussion with? Keep your problems away nobody wants to know if you are annoyed by specific players/gang. This is the third time you mention MOB members and that we fight unfairly in deathmatches. Once in another thread I have created in the 'Suggestions' section and the second one was in the thread polarbear created and now here. Plus you aren't an active deathmatcher why would you complain? Do you think it is the right place to talk about it?

Keep it shut, kthx. :D

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
Sir, is this the only thing you can judge the discussion with? Keep your problems away nobody wants to know if you are annoyed by specific players/gang. This is the third time you mention MOB members and that we fight unfairly in deathmatches. Once in another thread I have created in the 'Suggestions' section and the second one was in the thread polarbear created and now here. Plus you aren't an active deathmatcher why would you complain? Do you think it is the right place to talk about it?

Keep it shut, kthx. :D
It's the truth mob is like the only gang i see in /deagle other then metaphors gang. When you're not a member of MOB you're pretty much fucked in deathmatches cuz all you want to do is team when it was allowed even if it was 5 vs 1.

And besides who are you to decide whether I am an active deathmatcher or not? Is it because I am not competitive like you and I don't care about my kdr?

Last edited:

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Just in case anyone was wondering, Messi made a similar suggestion in December 2018 (just over a year ago) that you can see here. There were a lot of arguments from both sides in that thread.

I lean toward keeping the no-teaming rule, because players would be annoyed at being flocked by an entire gang. This isn't so much of a problem for regular players, because most of them are in gangs anyway. The biggest issue here is that new players, who haven't joined gangs yet, don't stand a chance against gangs.
Regardless of whether teaming is allowed in general deathmatches, it will always be allowed in turf wars, /tdm, /privdm and freeroam.

nessie

VIP
It's the truth mob is like the only gang i see in /deagle other then metaphors gang. When you're not a member of MOB you're pretty much fucked in deathmatches cuz all you want to do is team when it was allowed even if it was 5 vs 1
I already get the point here, but the question is why not? If you someday create a clan or gang with your friends and you aren't willing to kill them but the rule is forcing you to kill them and break your friendship with them for ruining their K/D ratio or whatever, your friends/members will end up spamming you in the gang-chat why you are 'focusing' on them or killing them first if you know what I mean. Not trying to force anyone to vote positive, not trying to make you change your opinion, and not trying remove the teaming rule for MOB's advantage, so please try to keep that away.

Just in case anyone was wondering, Messi made a similar suggestion in December 2018 (just over a year ago) that you can see here. There were a lot of arguments from both sides in that thread.

I lean toward keeping the no-teaming rule, because players would be annoyed at being flocked by an entire gang. This isn't so much of a problem for regular players, because most of them are in gangs anyway. The biggest issue here is that new players, who haven't joined gangs yet, don't stand a chance against gangs.
It would be unfair for newer players that's true, but if you think about the feeling gangs/clans are having you will know the point of this. Like do you want for example, to kill your gang-member? Every single gang used to team up in deathmatches until the teaming rule suddenly got added again and every gang mostly felt unhyped to do turfwars to feel the teamwork for example (that's what happened with me). When are we going to feel the teamwork again without a rule forcing us to rage on eachother in gang-chat? How long is this going to last, we learnt the lesson?

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
I already get the point here, but the question is why not? If you someday create a clan or gang with your friends and you aren't willing to kill them but the rule is forcing you to kill them and break your friendship with them for ruining their K/D ratio or whatever, your friends/members will end up spamming you in the gang-chat why you are 'focusing' on them or killing them first if you know what I mean. Not trying to force anyone to vote positive, not trying to make you change your opinion, and not trying remove the teaming rule for MOB's advantage, so please try to keep that away.

It would be unfair for newer players that's true, but if you think about the feeling gangs/clans are having you will know the point of this. Like do you want for example, to kill your gang-member? Every single gang used to team up in deathmatches until the teaming rule suddenly got added again and every gang mostly felt unhyped to do turfwars to feel the teamwork for example (that's what happened with me). When are we going to feel the teamwork again without a rule forcing us to rage on eachother in gang-chat? How long is this going to last, we learnt the lesson?
I already said why not. It's because it's annoying for people who are outnumbered in deathmatches by other gang members and have no other friends online

nessie

VIP
I already said why not. It's because it's annoying for people who are outnumbered in deathmatches by other gang members and have no other friends online
You are still attempting to change the topic of this thread to make others think negative If I got you right, the door is open.

And besides who are you to decide whether I am an active deathmatcher or not? Is it because I am not competitive like you and I don't care about my kdr?
I know who plays deathmatches in the server and who doesn't, because I'm online daily.

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
You are still attempting to change the topic of this thread to make others think negative If I got you right, the door is open.

I know who plays deathmatches in the server and who doesn't, because I'm online daily.
How am I trying to make others vote negative. I'm just expressing my opinion on this topic and if someone decided to vote negative it's up to them.

And stop saying I'm not an active deathmatcher when I know for a fact I am it's one of the only reasons I even play samp anymore in 2020

Chaos

Former Staff
Well, i don't really play this game anymore but since i'm Messi's slave, i have to vote positive.
Anyone, no matter if he's my kupus loving friend, will be killed if he tried to go against Master Messi's opinion.
I hope you all understand. To keep Peace in SFSE, accepting this suggestion is the only way. Otherwise, Read my name Polar dear. [ Don't delete my post, i beg u polar ]

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
Okay I have an idea. Teaming in public deathmatch can be allowed but there should be an exception. For example if there are 4 players in the deagle dm and 3 of them are in MOB and one of them are in another gang then teaming should not be allowed. Teaming should only be allowed if there is an equal amount of gang members from both gangs so if there are 2 mob members and 2 cf members it'll be okay but if 2 mob members and 1 cf members then its not okay i hope you understand what i mean

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
Okay I have an idea. Teaming in public deathmatch can be allowed but there should be an exception. For example if there are 4 players in the deagle dm and 3 of them are in MOB and one of them are in another gang then teaming should not be allowed. Teaming should only be allowed if there is an equal amount of gang members from both gangs so if there are 2 mob members and 2 cf members it'll be okay but if 2 mob members and 1 cf members then its not okay i hope you understand what i mean
Teaming is allowed under the circumstance of there being consent between all parties involved, aka everyone currently in the minigame.. so that's already a thing

-
After a short time people voted/re-voted because of their friends
since i'm Messi's slave, i have to vote positive.
I..

nessie

VIP
bump. The results seemed to be equal for a long time.

EDIT: will edit the pole expire time to a week so we can put this topic to an end.

Last edited:

Bassam

VIP
Former Staff
Removing this rule could result in increasing the rate of rage quitting, insults all over the chat, conflicts between players, and potentially activating cheats

In addition to that, I don’t think we want to see 5 players of the same gang dominating a newbie, or less skilled players. This rule provides better & calm gameplay for players. ofc this is my opinion only