• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
Hey,
I think almost everyone will agree with me here:
The Teaming rule is just unfair and makes no sense, no one of the newcomers to the server will ever know that teaming is not allowed until he gets warned once or twice or will even quit the server forever. I know why the Teaming rule was added again and i know why deathmatches are named deathmatches. The thing is that you guys want to make deathmatches more fair, but you guys might have forgotten that most of the SEF server players were used to team with eachother, and also might have forgotten why gangs are called gangs/groups and that they don't like to kill their gang-mates.

And about this thread:
Not everyone really noticed what you said, @Polarbear
Newcomers do not really have a forum account and this thread was converted to a reply to "Server Rules" thread making it unnoticable.

I will explain you guys what happened exactly:
There were 7 members of the MOB gang online and they were doing a free-for-all DM and after 3 minutes or something 'Polarbear' logged in and joined the deathmatch, we all teamed against him and we killed him 3 or 4 times (I don't remember) and then he left the deathmatch and went AFK and wrote this thread about the Teaming rule.

Thanks for reading, and please let others vote before denying this suggestion. The pole will be closed after 10 days.
[MOB]Messi.

KrA_

the entire fun concept of deathmatches will die knowing you can join a dm and get 7 people killing u ?
new comers should read the /rules before playing on the server don't u think ?
verbal warning is taken at first attempt i guess no new comers get warned using /warn
actually there are turf wars for gangs (and i hope the gang war system gets fixed) also u can /privdm and team with whoever u want don't u think so?

SimpleX

Former Staff
I will explain you guys what happened exactly:
There were 7 members of the MOB gang online and they were doing a free-for-all DM and after 3 minutes or something 'Polarbear' logged in and joined the deathmatch, we all teamed against him and we killed him 3 or 4 times (I don't remember) and then he left the deathmatch and went AFK and wrote this thread about the Teaming rule.
This is literally why such a rule exists. And there is no logical reason to remove this rule other than you wanting to farm kills easier.

nessie

VIP
the entire fun concept of deathmatches will die knowing you can join a dm and get 7 people killing u ?
new comers should read the /rules before playing on the server don't u think ?
verbal warning is taken at first attempt i guess no new comers get warned using /warn
actually there are turf wars for gangs (and i hope the gang war system gets fixed) also u can /privdm and team with whoever u want don't u think so?

I know, but have you ever got used not to team?
Even if they read the rule will they even follow it so easily?

This is literally why such a rule exists. And there is no logical reason to remove this rule other than you wanting to farm kills easier.
We are talking about people who are used to team and who won't to kill eachother. So farming is just something else.

SimpleX

Former Staff
I know, but have you ever got used not to team?
Even if they read the rule will they even follow it so easily?
So would you remove a rule because some players struggle to obey them? What kind of logic is that?

We are talking about people who are used to team and who won't to kill eachother.
Just because they were teaming before doesn't mean this rule is useless.

So farming is just something else.
You suggest removing this rule so that you can gang up on other players with a dozen of gangmates of yours in everyone-for-himself dm areas to get kills easier. For me this is essentially farming.

Feedback

+1 agree with Messi and whatever if the teaming rule is back so it will be good teaming with your friends or gang members is really awesome

bear

Server Owner
I'll be perfectly honest with you, cawfee and myself's patience is getting worn very thin, on the basis that there's always uproar about anything that gets changed. Changes are made with strategy behind them, which we don't tend to explain in great detail. We don't just remove or make changes dilly dally, they are thought out and discussed.

You are right that not everyone reads the forum, and that's OK - it's written in the /rules that teaming is not allowed. And a command prompting users to read the /rules is written...everywhere. It's also OK if someone needs to get warned about violating them. This doesn't impact their account standing or disrupt their playing. It's a gentle heads-up.

We have been more than accommodating for people that want to play as part of a team...
  • Team deathmatch (/tdm)
  • Turf wars (fight as part of your gang)
  • Private DM (/privdm) - set the rules as you please
  • Freeroam
Areas like /deagle and /bf are a breath of fresh air for players that do not wish to be forced to join a gang in order to avoid getting completely destroyed when there's multiple members of the same gang present.

This rule will not be reverted. (no, I'm not being the bad one here, the community agrees too, based on your poll):

Status
Not open for further replies.