Website redesign

Kaperstone

Hello,

Had a free time while transferring stuff from backup to the drives and wanted to make a small redesign to the website, it is a light version with a bit of material design into it while retaining a bit of the opacity that the original design has.

Before hand, there are flaws, like to the navigation panel when you enter certain pages and certain pages the tables aren't styled as well, as I didn't have any selectors to hang by, so to design them it would require to create specific code for each of the pages that contain these flaws, which will result in an uncomfortable/annoying experience when importing the style code.

To use it, download Stylus, icon on the toolbar, "manage", on the left panel "create new design" and import this code.
https://gist.github.com/Kaperstone/2f3af0e6ab2b1f9e96991d697bc23664

If you're using something else other than Stylus, remove the first and last lines and import the code.

Preview: (The background look on the preview is a result of two images merged to fit the full website into one image)
6eeja5c.png

Last edited:

Chaos

Former Staff
OH MAN! That's the thing i was going to suggest very very soon. Feel so great that you did it.
The design you made also looks decent but maybe polarbear could design the website from the very beginning, making it responsive n stuff.
How does that sound?

Kaperstone

He could definitely do better than me, considering that he can change the content of the website (and maybe would put more time into the design than me)

I only noticed now that my menu and the body of the website don't share the shadow, argh, edited the code and fixed that navigation (sacrificing other tables bottom spacing)

EDIT: by the way, it is possible to make it responsive with style code, but inserting code into the website to make it responsive will make it a bit heavier and take longer to download.
Would consider detecting mobile device before sending the stylesheet.

The question is if its worth it, to begin with.

Chaos

Former Staff
Well, i Frequently keep checking the website and its design just doesn't fit right.
I'd say its worth it, Polarbear should do smth about dat!

Kaperstone

Apr'19, still looks nice.
By the way, although I updated it long time ago, ( and I only notify now ) the bar on the left was flattened, because it glitched into the elements at the middle and etc.

EDIT: the blue bar for the announcement doesn't work because the code changed and there are no selectors to it, moreover I doubt that if I will add a selector by the current tree, it will hold for long.