A serious matter (UAE ISP - Etisalat)

Dear reader,

Hope this post finds you in good health and shape!

I am currently stationed at Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Fortunately, my tourism visa ends on early February 2021, cannot wait to leave this country! YES. :)

Most of you who have met me recently in-game know about the sync and network issues I have been facing due to the network blocks that UAE impose to their customers.

A temporary solution I came up with during my few remaining days at UAE, was to on VPN, connect to South Africa and login in-game, it helped but the ping is high. Which I am okay with as long as not getting desynced within 10sec of playtime.

It is so frustrating.

Also, the UAE's main Internet Service Provider (ISP), Etisalat, has been imposing Discord blocks on and off since 2017, most recently implementing a full ban in September, 2020. If you're unhappy about the ban, you're in luck, as a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can help.

A VPN will encrypt all the traffic flowing to and from your device and send it through a secondary VPN server. This means that snoopers including your ISP can’t see the contents of your traffic or which website you are visiting.

UNTIL TODAY! 6th January 2021
A hard ban by Etisalat (ISP) hits discord and block all means of voice chats with or without using a VPN on websites, desktop app, mobile app.

Etisalat are making us pay for something that is completely free. Discord was created for people to socialize on the internet, and with the EXPO coming up in 6-8 months time, this will be an embarrassment to the UAE and its partners.

Etisalat's really out here tryna get people to pay to talk. Someone get this whole company a f****** psychiatrist.

Etisalat after banning discord in the UAE:
ErDV67gW8AAP4f3.jpg

ErDWqwUXEAIMHMR.jpg

unknown.png

Thank you!

Faker

TechNoMatic.

This is so sad and infuriating to read, having someone pay for something which is free? Irrefutable Scammers! Regardless of that using a VPN is a must for everyone I would say, not only because privacy is a healthy concern nowadays but also because of the spying that the government and social media companies do on you, they probably know more about you that you know about yourself. I'm not at all shitting you when I say using proprietary software will see its end really soon once the boomers of this generation die. Boomers don't wanna switch to freedom, they are holding the current generation backward and forcing them to use proprietary garbage like WhatsApp (Yes,I am referring to the recent privacy policy change).

Regardless of how the current situation is, a probable solution that I can advise for you would be to set up a self hosted VPN, by doing that, you not only GUARANTEE your privacy because all the logs will be maintained by YOU, you can even set up a real "no-log" traffic! Get a cheap VPS provider and self host a VPN, you can bypass all government censorship by doing that..

Anyway, coming back to the meme side of the situation, government really do be committing chonk ass libtard cheeks clap them fella chalenting pussy shady style business. fuck da police