A suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakii

Funniest Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
So, long ago (3-4 months) I was trying to complete /spiral in the quickest time possible, I was basically competing with myself to do it. One time, while I was trying to reach to the end, an admin caught onto what I was doing and let me off with a warning and told me to stop since it was considered as farming, I stopped doing it and didn't do it ever since, but I enjoyed the idea of "speed-running" challenges, so we're here now. I think there should be a command to start it, something along the lines of "/speedrun" which will make a list of the in-game challenges pop up, from where you can choose what challenge you want to do. Also there should be a follow up command, like /srlist or something like that that will, like the other one, make a list of challenges that are in-game pop up, however when choosing one, it wouldn't start up the challenge, but it will show you the fastest 10 times on that challenge. Maybe the leaderboard system may change, but if this gets accepted, I think it should get something like a leaderboard for all the challenges. However, this will all just be for fun, no rewards or anything like that, maybe only if an admin organizes an event regarding it, only then, but, why, you ask? Because the only purpose of this feature is trying to compete with other players but avoiding farming XP and Money. So? Tell me what do you think? :)

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I think the warning for farming came because of this or this. I don't know if you used any bugs, but /spiral was prone to farming by bug-abuse, so it may be that the admin was simply being cautious. /spiral was eventually removed from the challenges line-up.
SFSE already has a /challenges command, which shows a clickable list of challenges (which award XP and money, btw). However, no times are recorded by the server. So your entire suggestion comes down to adding leaderboards for the fastest times in the challenges. Considering that some players want to speedrun the challenges, I think leaderboards are worth implementing. Since races already have similar leaderboards, scripting this shouldn't be too difficult.

dakii

Funniest Member of the Year | 2021 & 2022
I suggested this for two reasons.

That I could compete with other players and avoid xp and money farming. And no, I didn't use any bugs, just jumps and good turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.