Become the Race Moderator Team Leader!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

Server Owner
Hi everyone,

San Fierro Stunt Evolution is highly flexible and unique in the sense that we allow players to submit their own races - we have received a total of 70 submissions since the launch of the feature!

Right now, approval of races is down to a Head Admin or Server Owner.

Today, however, I would like us to formulate a new team, which are essentially "Race Moderators".

This team will be responsible for the following:
  • Deciding which races get approved. Approval will be based on upon criteria as set by the Race Moderator Team Leader.
  • Reviewing existing races, and making the decision as to whether they should stay, or be removed. This is expected to be driven based on feedback from our players. For example, if twenty people say a certain race is terrible, and one person say it's the best race ever, then quite clearly the race should be evaluated for potential removal.
What makes a good race?
  • Possible to complete, at the very minimum.
  • Makes sense. This means no check points in bizarre locations (i.e. that require you to make some very odd maneuvers to reach them).
  • Unique. Races shouldn't be similar. For example, we don't want want two "SF Drag" races which are (almost) identical, just with different names.
What does a Race moderator get?
Access to a private sub-forum, where you and other members of the team can discuss Races, report problems with them and so on. You will also be granted VIP for the duration of your time on the team. Most importantly, you'll receive access to a special command which allows you to view all races pending approval, and "dry-run" or "test" them.

To start with, we need to pick a Race Team Leader. This person will be responsible for managing which members are on the team, as well as establishing rules and guidelines to help maintain a good standard across all races. To apply, please send me a Private Message with the following contents:
In-game Nickname:
Why would you like to lead the team of Race moderators?:
What leadership qualities do you believe you possess?:
What do you have in mind? How do you plan on organizing the team?:

Your application will then be discussed internally, and a leader will be chosen in one week from now (23/02/2018).

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

bear

Server Owner
Applications are now closed!

A big thanks to everyone that applied :) Your support and willingness to help the community will not go unnoticed. I think I speak for everyone when I say it's very much appreciated.

Applications will be reviewed by BloodR1ng, cawfee and I, and the results will be announced later today!

bear

Server Owner
Everyone,

It comes with great sadness that I must announce a decision has been made to relieve Habris of this position, on the basis of inappropriate behavior.

Vertex will be leading this team going forward.

I would like to apologize for this sudden and unexpected change.

Status
Not open for further replies.