Deathmatches Suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
Hey guys!
I saw a lot of players lagging in the deathmatches.
Most of them have 1000+ ping or 500+ ping. That means they have a bad packetloss.

Why not to add a blocker for the players with bad ping/packetloss/FPS?
This will make the deathmatches better.

Maybe:

MAX Packetloss : 10.0
MAX FPS : 45
MAX Ping : 300

bear

Server Owner
Hi,

cawfee and I monitor feedback closely and we are aware of the sub-par experience in deathmatching as a result of lag (network, FPS). I can't say much yet since what we have planned is in very early stages of development, but stay tuned! We definitely want to tackle this problem.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I think you mean MIN (minimum) FPS, because the more FPS, the better. The other criteria seem reasonable, but 45 FPS is already a relatively good statistic. I've played other games with 20-30 FPS and the low framerate (which looks ugly, I have to admit) hasn't affected my performance. If I'm not mistaken, the FPS of a player only affects that one player's graphics, the data from the client should be sent to the server regardless of the FPS.
In general, I approve of your suggestion, but please leave the FPS criterion out.

silver63

the maximum ping would be better at around 500-600, but the maximum packetloss should be around 5 or less, nothing more

Status
Not open for further replies.