/goto bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver63

Description (in few words): the /goto optional offset is off

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: the "Y" offset in /goto is 1 by default instead of 0, you have to use /goto <id> 0 -1 0 to counteract it, and if you use /goto <id> 0 1 0 it moves you 2 units instead of 1. even when using /goto without setting specific coords, it will move you 1 Y unit by default

Steps to replicate (if possible): use /goto

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here):

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
This feature was introduced a couple of years ago. I too was a bit confused at first, but then I realized one thing. If player A /go to the exact position of player B, B's collisions might interfere with A's movement. This had happened to me several times before the change. If the coordinates are slightly off, player A will know B has teleported to A, but can still move freely. So even if this was not intended, there is enough reason to keep it as is.

SimpleX

Former Staff
Sulps pretty much said it all. Teleporting to exactly another player's location might cause problems. So even if it looks like a bug when you try the command just on yourself, it's rather a feature to prevent such situations.

cawfee

Sulps is entirely correct, I modified the position slightly to prevent collisions and locked movement (was a problem several years ago). Good catch though, @wax!

Status
Not open for further replies.