Hot Topic!

Vote now!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Topic,

A random minigame gets selected for 1 hour to be the servers "hot topic", participating in this minigame will earn the player double the rewards.
Use random function with cases to determine the minigame and also run on a timer that will call a new minigame to be the hot topic every hour.

For example:

"Hot Topic: For the next hour, /race now gives you x2 rewards!"

Can be changed with /gungame giving x2 reward to the winner and double money/score per kill.
Can be also changed with bf/sniper/rocket where each kill rewards you x2 money/score.
Same can be done with fallout/maze/derby/race/shooter where winner gets x2 rewards.

Vote:
+1, Agree, Have the same opinion about something; concur. (Accept)
-1, Disagree, to not have the same opinion, idea, etc. (Do not accept)
Neutral, not supporting or helping either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.

Credit to @GtaFreak for original concept.

Contributions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Best regards,
Faker

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I think it's worth trying. In my opinion though, less popular mini-games should be prefered by the random function. Barely anyone plays maze, shooter or courier. Fallout and derby could also be more popular. Races and deathmatches already get enough players.
We should also discuss the optimal length of the hot topic. 30 min seems better to me than an hour, but that's entirely subjective.

ScrIN

Some minigames are not popular not because of lack of players but because they are poorly designed and not attractive to play. That's primary problem and goal should be to improve minigames so it wouldn't need double rewards and players would come themselves.

I don't really support this waste of time.

ScrIN

/tdm: 1) players can use both standing and running weapons which leads to usage of running weapons (sawn off mainly by experienced one) only as you can't defend yourself with standing one. No weapons theme.
2) round ends if one team loses too many players if tho you could be winning.
3) hard to start round with 4 players
4) no winnings recording
5) default map locations are boring.

/war: 1) vehicle kills are not recorded (same in /shooter)
2) Again both standing and running weapon sets (if sawns and tec included it becomes a regular sawn off arena or /bf). No weapons theme.
3) map crowded with vehicles. When players join, it becomes laggy.
4) default map locations

/gg: 1) difficult to start with colt and silenced pistol while all players at any time have full HP. Those with good weapons become more powerful than the rest of participants.
2) Order of weapons could be better.
3) No winnings recording.
4) default map locations are boring

/fallout: if you jump from moving platform to solid platform, you fall anyway. Generally it's very old minigame found in most of freeroams which without improvements gets boring.

/courier: plain driving from point A to Z. Ok for achievement but if play longer, it gets dull. Same with /delivery. No delivering statistics tracking.

/rocket: it's generally very primitive and limited usage weapon which is not popular in typical deathmatch arenas. Also area is very smooth, hard to aim at player standing little farer from you as you need to hit either player or the ground.

/sniper: not really good location. Custom map would be better at all.

/dmisland: players can use own weapons set. Same as in /bf, nothing new.

I just mentioned what came to my mind so far. Of course not denying that some minigames truly lack players (i.e. CNR due to huge map)

Status
Not open for further replies.