House Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I think this would make a nice VIP feature. It's one of those things that doesn't affect your performance in mini-games or anything but might be visually appealing (or whatever the reason is you want more than one housecar in the first place).

ScrIN

More cars more lag, more lag less players.

What is the current amount of vips which are playing and would be able to get more vehicles in front of their house?

Perhaps it could not be so bad if cars disappear once VIP leaves server, then reappears once logs in.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
More cars more lag, more lag less players.

What is the current amount of vips which are playing and would be able to get more vehicles in front of their house?

Perhaps it could not be so bad if cars disappear once VIP leaves server, then reappears once logs in.

Every housecar disappears when its owner leaves the server and reappears only when its owner logs in. Also, a couple of housecars is not enough to cause noticeable lag. Though, looking at the lack of interest in this suggestion, it looks like adding this feature would not be worth it.

pokles

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2021
VIP
As a VIP myself, I dont really have any cars infront of my house, and believe me, there's a lot of space for me to park them (props to Akira).
Just spawn your vehicles like everyone does..

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
Cars can quite easily be spawned using the /v command should your house car be not the vehicle you desire at the given time. I don't see the need for having more than one house car for that reason.

nessie

VIP
I think this feature will be good for big houses like:
mine
sa-mp-073.png
Or Zulo's:
sa-mp-074.png
I mean the houses are too big, and we're able to have 1 vehicle only.

bear

Server Owner
I think I personally would feel more receptive to the idea (in particular, Sulps' for VIP only) if house cars were more unique (clarified below); there's not much difference between a house car and a car you can spawn with /v. And based on that, why not just use /v?

The older members of SFSE may remember that we did have the ability to save tuning options for house cars, but it was removed due to a critical server-crashing bug. If that could be fixed and people could save their vehicle tuning preferences, then by all means, let's expand the house car slots. Lots of people love personal vehicles / PVs, after all. I know it was a SEF feature which worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.