[IMPORTANT] Turf Names

bear

Server Owner
Everyone,

We are noticing an increasing amount of offensive gang zone turf names. Here's a few examples of ones that exist right now:

Fuck Zarko - currently controlled by The Innovative
fuck of - currently controlled by SelfMadeRebelz
Fk Off Ya Radge - currently controlled by ReTaRdEd
f u c k o f f - currently controlled by ReTaRdEd
NOOB CAWFEE - currently controlled by WeMakeEnemies

These need changing to something sensible ASAP.

If this is not completed, the gangs in question will face punishment.

Consider this is a warning for now. We may end up removing the feature completely if people can't be somewhat sensible.

Thanks.

nekko

Former Staff
How about instead of letting the players name the zones how about they just be prenamed like on sef it would also help if you add the zone name when someone tries to capture your zone so you would know which one to go
Awesome idea, GG!

Maddox

Hello
it's nice to hear about the process of changing and punishing those who misspoke the offensive language of the regions turfs,Yet there are other solutions to that in making these offensive (names) into unworkable words by applying that process to what's in Pown's (Script) and who tried to evade the censorship (censor evade) he'll get a punishment.

nessie

VIP
Hello
it's nice to hear about the process of changing and punishing those who misspoke the offensive language of the regions turfs,Yet there are other solutions to that in making these offensive (names) into unworkable words by applying that process to what's in Pown's (Script) and who tried to evade the censorship (censor evade) he'll get a punishment.
This is not a hard thing to bypass, for example we add an invisible unicode character between the word 'fk' and the system will not recognize the word, the only way to stop the offensive turf-names is to make names applied by default to the territories/zones and remove the re-naming feature completely. But still seems to be plan b for owners or they could have removed it long ago because this has been a thing since the addtion of the turfwar feature.

bear

Server Owner
I have seen a few but there is one that I remember which is infront of the /otto teleport. Dunno if it has been taken since I saw it three days ago.

I checked that one out and I can only assume it was changed since it doesn't appear to be offensive.

Maddox

This is not a hard thing to bypass, for example we add an invisible unicode character between the word 'fk' and the system will not recognize the word, the only way to stop the offensive turf-names is to make names applied by default to the territories/zones and remove the re-naming feature completely. But still seems to be plan b for owners or they could have removed it long ago because this has been a thing since the addtion of the turfwar feature.
Well,i'm going to the first pointy where you said the system wouldn't recognize him and actually the system won't recognize this which is another way around it and what this solution represents is Staff the overseers will do their part about it,if anyone who evades surveillance offensive words (censor evade),they'll be punished for it and the so called evasion is done.
Well there is a way to necessitate acceptable too is procedure names of the zones is approval by Administrators,any next-name action by the players will be approved by the Administrators or permission to.

nessie

VIP
Well,i'm going to the first pointy where you said the system wouldn't recognize him and actually the system won't recognize this which is another way around it and what this solution represents is Staff the overseers will do their part about it,if anyone who evades surveillance offensive words (censor evade),they'll be punished for it and the so called evasion is done.
Well there is a way to necessitate acceptable too is procedure names of the zones is approval by Administrators,any next-name action by the players will be approved by the Administrators or permission to.
What about moving your idea to the suggestions forum? Sounds good.
I checked that one out and I can only assume it was changed since it doesn't appear to be offensive.
I'll try finding the ones I have seen recently.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
There's a simple solution to all of this: don't use offensive turf names!

Seriously though, custom names for gang turfs is a feature that staff could remove at any moment if they wanted to. If players don't massively name their turfs in offensive ways, there's no reason to remove anything. However, if everyone agrees that turfs should be pre-named something descriptive of the location, I'm fine with that too.

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
Just want to add to this, offensive gang names are also being used. We do not condone any type of gang name that may offend somebody.

fuck you Faker - currently controlled by Mad Society Kings

Since 26/1/2021

Would like to request all gang owners at SFSE to check their gang turf names captured by their members.
Stop it with the offensive turf names... We play for fun, but there are limits. kthxbai.

unknown.png

:(

Last edited:

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP

Since 26/1/2021

Would like to request all gang owners at SFSE to check their gang turf names captured by their members.
Stop it with the offensive turf names... We play for fun, but there are limits. kthxbai.

View attachment 4601

We will get this sorted, and can only apologise.

bear

Server Owner

Since 26/1/2021

View attachment 4601

I just checked the logs, and @Dakii did this.

Dakii, consider this your first and final warning. This is unacceptable.