Lots of bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
The staff is probably aware of some of these bugs already but I'd like to present the following anyway.

I was unable to make this post when I had embedded all the screenshots. Thus, to see the screenshots concerning the following glitches, click here!

Description (in few words): Helmet is on by default

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: The helmet for bikes is on by default and even when I turn it off, it comes back the next time I connect. The choice for /helmet should be saved across sessions.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Spawn a bike, type /helmet, disconnect, reconnect and spawn a bike

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): Since the c++ gamemode is based on a script from 2014 or 2015, some of the bugs of the script have returned. I don't remember if these bugs were fixed in c++, but they didn't occur in PAWN.

Description (in few words): The race Richman ends itself soon after the start

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: The race Richman (not the one we had in PAWN, a different race from the c++ gamemode) ends about 5 seconds after the start, making it unable to finish the race. The reason to end the race is "time over" even though nobody has finished.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Try to race Richman

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): See additional info of previous bug.

Description (in few words): The expected vehicles aren't required in certain races

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: In some races, the racer can choose any vehicle they like, although the race used to require a certain vehicle. For example, I can use Infernus instead of Sandking in Dirt Masters Cup 3. In races designed for planes, this causes the obvious problem that players can spawn any vehicle they want, except for planes and helicopters because those are usually forbidden in races. Of course, the result is that Air Trip 1 and Flight for the Finish aren't raceable. However, other races, like Pizzaboy Mayhem, automatically spawn the right vehicle and don't allow any others.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Race any of the races listed above

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): This is an old bug too but I'm sure it was fixed back in the day.

Description (in few words): Some races are incompatible with the new maps

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: The race Twisty Backroads, which was added this year to PAWN, is blocked by some kind of ramp. I suspect the cause could be either an old map which had been deleted by the time Twisty Backroads was created. Or objects were disabled in the PAWN version of the race and now objects are enabled.

The finish of Take the Fare I is placed in the air, making it near-impossible to finish. As you can see from the finish times of the race, I'm the only one to have finished it and I had to switch to Vortex to reach the finish. A possible reason of why the finish is located in the air is that some older version of /sfair had a ramp there.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Race the races above

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here):

Last edited by a moderator:

bear

Server Owner
Hi @Sulps,

Many thanks for this thread, we appreciate the report!

All of these look to be development matters, with the exception of:

Description (in few words): The expected vehicles aren't required in certain races

What is happening? Please try to be as detailed as possible: In some races, the racer can choose any vehicle they like, although the race used to require a certain vehicle. For example, I can use Infernus instead of Sandking in Dirt Masters Cup 3. In races designed for planes, this causes the obvious problem that players can spawn any vehicle they want, except for planes and helicopters because those are usually forbidden in races. Of course, the result is that Air Trip 1 and Flight for the Finish aren't raceable. However, other races, like Pizzaboy Mayhem, automatically spawn the right vehicle and don't allow any others.

Steps to replicate (if possible): Race any of the races listed above

Additional information that may be useful (include screenshots or videos here): This is an old bug too but I'm sure it was fixed back in the day.
Staff members have the optional ability to define a specific vehicle for a race.

I have updated the Dirt Masters Cup and Dirt Masters Cup 3 races so that only the Sandking can be used. I've also reset the records for these two, in-case someone used an Infernus for example.

It's not possible to set more than one vehicle on a race, so I can't set multiple vehicles for the Air races. If you could let me know the races in question, as well as the vehicle you think would be appropriate for each, I'll set them accordingly :)

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
It's not possible to set more than one vehicle on a race, so I can't set multiple vehicles for the Air races. If you could let me know the races in question, as well as the vehicle you think would be appropriate for each, I'll set them accordingly :)
Normally, Flight for the Finish has automatically spawned each player a Hydra. I assume the same applies for Air Trip 1.

Now for the non-aerial races:

Bandito Rally: Bandito

Battle Machine: RC Bandit

El Sanchez: Sanchez

Escape the Quarry: Dumper

Glen Park: Windsor

GoKart: Kart

QuadRace: Quad

Sandking Rally: Sandking

There are probably other races that used to require a certain vehicle but which I simply don't recall. If you remember any others, please add them here!

bear

Server Owner
Thanks @Sulps, much appreciated.

Your suggestions all sound perfectly sensible. I'll update these races with the selected vehicles and reset the records on them. There is an outstanding admin system bug with race records which I'll wait to be solved first, though. I'll update this thread upon completion.

@cawfee will be in a better position to advise about your other reports.

cawfee

1.) The helmet feature was removed from the PAWN gamemode. It could be removed from here as well, but I am still trying to solicit feedback.

2.) This could not be verified.

3.) Not a bug. The vehicle preference is to be set by administrators.

4.) Same as above for object streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.