More suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kondor

Adding a command : /q

Well it's pretty known that people tell players in the server to /q which causes some players to leave. It'd be much better if the quote of the player will be blocked if it includes and q altogether.

Some improvements on the anti-spam/flooding system :

If any player types the same message 4 times he'll get muted. And he's not aware of it. Well if the player types the same message,server should send a message to him (Either a threat or idk lol) to tell him not to continue his spam. It should like ' Don't repeat the same message or you'll be muted! ' or ' Don't repeat yourself once again or you'll be muted ' or whatsoever you see better.

About the caps too,it gets annoying when players type i n caps consecutively. It'd be much better if he'll get his caps auto-disabled for 2 minutes if he sends 3/4 consecutive messages using FULL caps.

Improving hit system : 

We can see that /hit command is used to force the player not to enable /god (If he has this command disabled) rather than a command to place a bounty. The amount of the hit placed should be at least 10k (or maybe more). And the hit placer shouldn't recieve money if he killed the one who has a bounty on his head.

Some little suggestion about the racing system : 

1) Some races are kinda so long and/or hard to complete. But our actual racing system gives 47.5k to the 1st place winner (Based on the amount of participants too). For insane (not so insane but hard to complete) races like NFS,IP2,TM and etc,the prize should be more than other races.

2) /reset command is pretty useful and it's pretty overpowered. It only costs 750$ which is pretty decent. Imo it'll be better if the player will be allowed to use it 3 times only (You decide) and its cost should be even more expensive,like 15k or more.

Blocking some words :

Well almost everyone screams 'hacker' or 'cheater' whenever he suspects someone to be using some hacks. It should block 'hacker(s)' and 'cheater(s)' word if someone says it in main chat. The server should send a message to the player telling him to use /report command. Like ' Use /report command if you see any hacker/cheater! '.  This is a well-known issue and some admins are pretty annoyed from it.

Sorry for the topic's length.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
Good idea to block the text if they try to /q joke. It'll be fun for those who try to disconnect and mistype to ./q  :D

I'm neutral about this one. Some people want players to join a minigame they are in, so they spam "join /dmi" 3 times. If I were to let them know that if they repeat themselves they will get muted, they would simply modify the message to "join /dmi now" and avoid the mute. The auto-caps seems cool.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense the payer to get paid.

The race reward for 1 participant is constant, I may add a /racereward for admins to place a fine prize but I can't guarantee anything.

"I couldn't believe in my eyes that Kondorest was hacker, I banned him yesterday." - "Use /report command if you see any hacker/cheater!". Anyway if people agree on this, I'll change my mind.

Kondor

Hi,thanks for your reply!

About the last sug,I think you can exclude staff from this? It can work I presume

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
/q

I think the system should be a bit more selective. Imagine someone telling people to go to /quarry, for example. A better solution would be to block the message if it 1) contains the string "/q " (with the space after) or 2) ends with "/q". /quarry would not be blocked this way.

Anti-spam

I'll remain neutral on the warnings. However, I support the anti-caps proposal because it could discipline some players a little.

Hit system

There should be a lower limit to the award for a hit if there isn't one already.

But fulfilling your own hit basically means you don't lose or win money. All you get is 1 kill. Honestly, I don't see a problem here.

Races

1) I suppose having different prize moneys for different races is possible, so if people want it, go ahead.

2) The current /reset command is too powerful as it costs very little, causes only a second or two of delay (which, unless you're racing Kostas or Madvillayo, is not much of a margin) and its use is unlimited. Thus, I fully support the suggested changes.

Hacker/Cheater

Maybe if a person says the words repeatedly, they are sent a message about /report. Blocking the words altogether would have a damaging effect. If no staff members are online, the best players can do is to avoid playing mini-games with the hacker. However, if saying "hacker" or "cheater" is not allowed, other players will not be warned about the hacker so they can't avoid them.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
It's a different callback for command received and text (chat) received, but yes, I've taken care of such cases.

I reviewed the code again about the /hit system. Many players may contribute to someone's bounty (if there is already a hit) so storing all the hitters doesn't sound as good as I initially thought. No changes will be made.

I don't see any problem with /reset, besides not many players know about this - most of them just /leave if they fail. I may increase its price to what people recommend, we have to spend money for something anyway!

Meth

I agree with most of your suggestions apart from the last one. The word 'hacker' or 'cheater' can be used in different types of context, not everyone should be warned for using it. I think a message should be displayed each time these words are used whether in context or not, but the word itself should not be blocked and should still be displayed. That way the players that aren't using these words in the context that you've described do not get affected.

The rest are calm though.

Last edited by a moderator:

cawfee

Meth raises an important point about the usage of these words in different contexts. It's probably not reasonable to censor those words for this reason. It often seems to me that the actual hackers don't leave the server when their hacking it called into question in the chat. :p

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
^ a lot of the time they don't leave, but instead just stop hacking. definitely happens way too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.