PlayerChatBubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaimy

Trying to have a conversation can be tough when you cant see text above the players head, having to keep an eye on the main chatbox.
There is 1 simple function that adds this.

SetPlayerChatBubble(playerid, text, 0xFFFFFFFF, 100.0, 5000);

7ff68098c9791bec2a6ff96eb7c3dc00.png

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
It maybe helpful for other players, but surely it is easier reading the chat instead of a text over somebodies head? Also if there are, let's say 5+ players in the same area using this, would it not cause lag for low end pc users?

Metaphor

New Deathmatcher of the Year | 2019
VIP
It maybe helpful for other players, but surely it is easier reading the chat instead of a text over somebodies head? Also if there are, let's say 5+ players in the same area using this, would it not cause lag for low end pc users?
how about enabling/disabling it with your choice

Slothy

VIP
Former Staff
Speaking from experience this feature never caused me any lag even on my old potato of a laptop that averaged around 30-40 FPS on a low resolution

Jaimy

There are no performance issues at all, as @Sloth mentioned a literal potato wouldn't experience any difference.
It feels more immersive to me, hanging out and driving around for example you can both watch the road and chat
524fa9e142771cd768199127e3cb6cd4.png

Its worse on initially loading for example when I join the server, I get 6 messages on the same millisecond which will have a bigger performance impact on an old system. As goes for all the custom objects spawning in, could actually crash people on start-up. I don't play frequently enough to notice players joining, not spawning and than leaving/reloading which is a sign someone cant even spawn in
2ae5ec0ceb3eca1f6296546aec510a8e.png

selo

no shit, you just exposed jaimys criminal mastermind of a plan! he was definitely gonna use this simple 1 line code to crash the server and cause inconveniences to everyone because he is the very impeccable epitome of evil! how heroic of you to debunk this conspiracy theory! how can i learn such astounding skill ????????????????

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
no shit, you just exposed jaimys criminal mastermind of a plan! he was definitely gonna use this simple 1 line code to crash the server and cause inconveniences to everyone because he is the very impeccable epitome of evil! how heroic of you to debunk this conspiracy theory! how can i learn such astounding skill ????????????????
Uh, no. This topic was brought up in the admin chat actually. It's these things we have to think about when potentially adding new features, will it effect players in different ways etc. Also I highly doubt it'll crash the server more than likely crash a player if it caused enough lag.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
?
just look at chat bro

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
KxHgenP.png

your suggestion would clog up chat for others anyway, wouldn't it? /settings->chat->global off and just /w

Jaimy

How would it clog anything up? It has nothing to do with the chatbox, its just floating text above player's heads. Sure muting global chat with that option can keep part of the chat less intense but that's not the point of my suggestion to begin with. My point is that for example, when I'm playing with my friends nearby and they type a message I would be able to see that they did instead of having to keep an eye on the chatbox all the time.

Last edited:

selo

why are you guys trying to bully jaimy? what does either of your post here add to the topic? how is saying "just read the chat" constructive criticism? why would this feature suddenly lag everyone out of the oblivion when clusterfuck maps wont? how would having chat bubble above your head clog up the chat for others? what are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.