/r (easily respond to your last PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
Hey.

Just wanted to suggest something real minor which is introducing a /r (/reply) command to easily reply to the sender of your last received PM. I think this will def contribute towards making the messaging system much more convenient for players to use.

Let me know of your thoughts!

Kondor

Hello,

We currently have this system, but with a different character AKA the '@'. Don't know if replacing the character will make it any different

Regards

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
Hello,

We currently have this system, but with a different character AKA the '@'. Don't know if replacing the character will make it any different

Regards
Ah dope, glad such prefix exists. It'd probs however make much more sense, imo anyways, to also have /r as an alternative cmd for the function.

Thanks for the heads up on the '@' prefix.

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
Oh and @ is one less keystroke !
Only reason I'm suggesting /r, which is indeed one keystroke more than the current prefix, is due to the sole fact it would only really make sense for you to have tried to reply to a PM you've received using the command /r (/reply, /respond or etc) when you've first connected to the server. '@' would probs suit more of a general chat function than its current use as a private messaging one. If you prefer it the way it is then by all means the prefix and its function can definitely remain - I'm not suggesting to remove the current existing feature but rather suggesting to provide an alternative which'll fulfil the same function.

Maybe the /pm command should, if no ID is supplied, act as an '/r' command.
It's not a bad idea, but I still think /r would be a rather more suitable suggestion.

+1.

Some players prefer using "/r" than using "@" and vice versa.
Having "@" and "/r" functioning the same, will satisfy both side players.

Also, I would like to suggest if it is possible to toggle/remove the notification sound when flipping the car. Moved to it's own thread - Polarbear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.