SERVER Suggestions for /fallout

Ben

Hello there,
I have some suggestions for fallout minigame.
1.I think it will be fun if players are allowed to carry granades or maybe other weapons.It will increase the competition.
2.It is become boring to fall from those solar panels.Adding some new maps will be good.
3.Add some achievements for it too.
Thats all,
Thanks.

Metaphor

New Deathmatcher of the Year | 2019
VIP
I disagree with first idea because if players will be able to carry weapons everyone will focus on killing others instead of escaping falling and minigame gets ruined. I agree with second and third idea.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
2.It is become boring to fall from those solar panels.Adding some new maps will be good.
This was recently discussed internally within the development team. Seeing as there's public interest, we'll likely look into developing some maps for it.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
1. If the players can damage each other with weapons, then it becomes a deathmatch, which is not what Fallout is for. If the grenades are only for knockback, then it would be thinkable. In this case, the server has to force /godmode on all players in Fallout (which tbh should be done anyway).
2. Fallout is all about not falling out of the playing field. But if there are good alternatives to glass panels or the square map, I wouldn't mind.
3. Definitely agreed. The minigame has been around longer than the achievement system. Yet, there isn't a single achievement for it. Some ideas posted by AlmegAlmeg a year ago sound good to me: 50 Fallout wins (cumulative), 3 Fallout wins in a row, win a Fallout round in less than 30 seconds. I'd add a couple more: win a Fallout round against 5+ other players, remain standing in Fallout when fewer than 10 panels remain.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
Besides forcing godmode for the default map, having new maps out of the boundaries to make melee damage (punch in this case) useless is also a good idea.