SERVER VIP features

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

VIP
Hi,

I will write ideas about new VIP's features here, but at the same time will try to make sure the ideas don't make too much "advantage" over other players.

1) Special chat message/announcement (/vsay)

Not trying to be a d*ck here or something, but we VIP's deserve it to make events or whatever. Why are staff members able to make official/public events while we VIP's can't?

2) Special chat color

Not trying to be a d*ck again, but staff members get their own chat color after their level gets set, why don't we have it? Give us something fitting with our vChat, a custom color feature, or the same one that staff have (might confuse other players between staff members and VIP's).

3) Special discord category & role

Again.. not trying to be a d*ck (sorry for mentioning this more than once). We deserve a role on discord, but also it should be separately set from online verified players (under nitro boosters obviously). And also a special category where we can f*ck around (sorry for swearing again :cool:) and send whatever we want, but following the server rules at the same time obviously, and also our own channels including voice if we don't want to use the public ones.

4) Special forum lounge

Not trying to leak things here, but maybe most of us know that staff have their own forum lounge, but at the same time there are more VIP's than staff members am I right? Which also means it is going to be used more actively, because people who are not active in game visit the forums most of the time. I know owners will have to set it manually every time someone becomes VIP or whatever, but could be set for permanent VIP's only I guess. (Which also means there are less permanent VIP's than staff members)

5) Shout (/shout)

Shout command is literally the most unused thing staff members have currently. Why not make it more popular or whatever by making VIP's able to use it as well? (might be abusive, but would be cool to have it)

Again, ran out of ideas. What I could think of is being jealous of the staff features. Check the voting pole up there and vote for the features you liked or would like to have (multiple voting enabled, changing votes enabled).

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
Not trying to be a d*ck here or something, but we VIP's deserve it to make events or whatever. Why are staff members able to make official/public events while we VIP's can't?
Objectively false, we permit any SF-SE player to host public events. Events aren't strictly hosted through our announcement messages, anyone can use /me or general global chat to announce their event. If you're advertising a reward for your event, people are likely to join even if it's not large letters on your screen (plus I can easily see this being misused)

Wasn't even aware that /shout was only available to administrators.. isn't it just a temporary PM? I'd say expand it to all players in that case

Definitely don't want VIPs to have the same chat color as administrators though.

Akira

Former Staff
The 2nd suggestion reminds me of a feature of a now-dead server I used to play on and I never really supported it. The reasons are two:
1. it might confuse newly registered players making them think that VIP's are actually administrators, and this is not what we want.
2. some colors look pretty messy and I have never been a big fan of rainbows, especially when it's about reading what people try to say on the global chat; still worse if VIP's use darker colors that make their messages unreadable.

As for the 3rd suggestion, I do agree VIP's should have some more recognition and get a Discord/forum role, at least.

The 5th suggestion is something I'd never thought about. /shout is pretty much one of those commands admins haven't ever used (except a few exceptions). From my perspective, it is unused mainly because it is useless by all means as we already have /PM and /whisper. I wouldn't mind if the owners decided to remove it completely.

bear

Server Owner

I was thinking this just yesterday and I do agree.

2) Special chat color

Not trying to be a d*ck again, but staff members get their own chat color after their level gets set, why don't we have it? Give us something fitting with our vChat, a custom color feature, or the same one that staff have (might confuse other players between staff members and VIP's).

From what I understand, this was something our beloved Andre hated the idea of, and so we stuck true to his wish and made it very limited (for just admins). At this point there's more VIPs (many of which are regulars) than Admins and so I can quickly imagine the chat looking like a rainbow in no time at all. As such, we won't do this.

3/4 ) Special discord category & role / Special forum lounge

I'll set this up shortly, but it will be for permanent VIP donors only, and upon request. Tracking expiring VIP status' and removing them will be bit of a burden.

5) Shout (/shout)

Shout command is literally the most unused thing staff members have currently. Why not make it more popular or whatever by making VIP's able to use it as well? (might be abusive, but would be cool to have it)

Neutral here. I don't mind either way.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
It can be added but with a cooldown (5 seconds) between two messages to prevent spamming.

2) Special chat color
VIPs can have preset color like the admins have by which they will not be able to change their chat colors - preventing the chat from becoming rainbow. The chat color of VIPs should be different from the admins. An option and command to toggle this should also be present.

3/4 ) Special discord category & role / Special forum lounge
Positive, decision already taken by bear.

5) Shout (/shout)
It can be added but with an option to block shout messages from others. Also, /ignore should work with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.