what i think we need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

Former Staff
How about giving gangs sub forums that are more than some specific requirements like ( 6 months older,5 members,5 goldstars ).This will allow gang owners to make threads in a single place in which all will belong to their gang.

How about giving player a chance to change their name once in a week.I have already been tricked by people who changed their name in one day that /namechanges didn't list their older name i knew.So if players are allowed to make a name change after a week that might be helpful.

Black_ouT

How about giving gangs sub forums that are more than some specific requirements like ( 6 months older,5 members,5 goldstars ).This will allow gang owners to make threads in a single place in which all will belong to their gang.

How about giving player a chance to change their name once in a week.I have already been tricked by people who changed their name in one day that /namechanges didn't list their older name i knew.So if players are allowed to make a name change after a week that might be helpful.
Name limits?  :p   :p :D ^_^

You said you are about to share My AMAZING PRANK  in forum, anyway i dont support this namelimit per week cause its our right to change our names any time we want

(u shouldnt believe so easily)  ;)

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Gang forums: Generally speaking, I'm not sure any gangs would use this opportunity at all. You could instead ask an admin to create a sub-forum under Gangs. If that doesn't work out, you can always make several topics regarding different aspects of your gang, if necessary.

Name changing limits: You have a point but once per week is too strict, in my opinion. Imagine the following situation: your friend changes your nickname to something stupid as a joke. Now, you have to play with it for an entire week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos

Former Staff
Gang forums : I wanted to give gang owners a sub forum for a clear approach.I mean let's consider this situation : I want to make a weekly challenge thread for my gang members and i do so.Another gang owner makes his gang recruitment thread for his gang and many other gang admins add their threads.This is cause too much complexity and it will be hard to find the needed gang thread and whoever will want to see my weekly challenge thread will be frustrated browsing through the list of all the gang threads.So if there were sub forums anyone could easily browse gang threads.And yeah some specific requirements were just a suggestion that's why i included the word "Like".I wanted admins to consider what was better and choose it.

Name Changing limits : First of all what you said is "your friend changes your nickname to something stupid".I don't think my friends can change my nickname unless he is an administrator.

For strictness i would like to mention again this is just a suggestion.What i wanted to say was that there should be a time limit in which name can be changed again.It can be a day or 12 hours as /namechanges lists 5 names.If the limit was one day, anyone who went inactive for 4-5 days can see the old name of the player which they knew.This case will happen when someone has serious intentions of pranking someone because we don't come up with many good & jokey nicks everyday :)  ( At least i don't ).

bear

Server Owner
It's definitely worth a shot, I'll take care of this very soon :)

One of the things that makes SFSE awesome is its flexibility and how free it is. I wouldn't want us to deny people a few laughs and giggles that they get for a few minutes by being "experimental" with their nicks, just as long as they're not being offensive, insulting or doing so for the purpose of impersonating. 

Maybe we could look at changing the system around a bit so that players can see an "AKA" of a particular account (its previous nicknames). I.e. The command /aka Tezla99 would list all the previous nicknames for my account. 

Last edited by a moderator:

bear

Server Owner
Edit: Apparently I didn't quite realize the flexibility of /namechanges, which can be used with no arguments "/namechanges" or with a player's name, "/namechanges Tezla99". 

I now see that /namechanges only lists the last 5 nick changes. Personally I think this shouldn't have a limit, and that users should be able to navigate as many "pages" of nicks as they like. This should eliminate the problem you initially reported if I'm not mistaken @Luqman Ali.

What do you think, @cawfee?

Status
Not open for further replies.