A Couple of Suggestions

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
I've commented on others' suggestions, so here are some of my own.

1. Something to counter kill-evaders in Gungame

When a player in Gungame is near-dead, they can jump off the building and commit suicide. That's unfair for the opponent who took most of their health, because they are not credited for the kill and don't level up. However, overriding the way SAMP credits kills seems difficult. A way around this is to add walls or windows that block potential suicides. Not a very good solution, I know, but I'd at least like people to discuss ways to stop kill-evaders in Gungame and whether this issue is common enough to require a solution at all.

2. Reduce the amount of vehicles at various teleports

Going near a teleport with lots of vehicles causes a lag spike and the game runs slowly until one leaves the area. Not a problem for gaming computers but very annoying for older, slower computers (as I've experienced in the last 10 or so days). /ts2 and /ts3 are particularly overcrowded as few players actually use the trucks and trailers there. The amount of vehicles should be brought down to the level of /ts1. /af also has unnecessary cars lying around, so many that all of them don't even fit into one car-spawn area. What's more, the owners re-spawn unoccupied vehicles several times a day, meaning that newbies will rarely run out of cars to take. Why I said newbies is because regular players always spawn their own vehicles.

cawfee

1.) As you mentioned, this is rather difficult. :( A possible solution that I can think off is storing who last damaged a given player and if this player dies via suicide we can restore the health? Not sure.

2.) I could not agree more, and I would go as far as to say the respawn vehicles feature is overused. I will look into removing of vehicles from certain locations, as well!

Kondor

1) Well when a player suicides in a DM arena he'll get +1 death. Plus,I also mentioned that the respawn locations at /gg are far somehow. And takes the player 30 seconds at least to reach his opponent. Why don't we make some 'World Boundaries' for it? 

2) I think this is actually a good idea.

Kostas

Konstantinos
Developer
Server Owner
1) Changing the gun game map (either to a custom or another default gta map) is one way around this. On second thought, one of the Police departments interiors seems cool. What do you think?

2) There are about 790 static vehicles, indeed the amount of them is very high and needs to be reduced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
1. I didn't want to suggest changing the map at first because it seemed too drastic of a change. The police department interiors might actually be a fun place to DM, though.

As Kondor mentioned, getting from the spawn points in the parking lot to the roofs of the buildings takes a lot of time. Therefore, I suggest these spawn points be removed if the current map is kept.

2. 790?! Wow, that's way more than I thought.