SERVER /chatfilter to talk non-english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaan

Member of the Year | 2020
Server Staff
For information, you can use /ignore <player ID/name> to not see those players' messages.

bear

Server Owner
There are tonnes of options to customize things to your liking with the features we already have.

For example, you could /w (whisper) or /pm (private message)

You could turn off the main chat and then only use the above commands.

You could make a gang and talk in gang chat (whilst still having main chat disabled).

xVikrant

For information, you can use /ignore <player ID/name> to not see those players' messages.
There are tonnes of options to customize things to your liking with the features we already have.

For example, you could /w (whisper) or /pm (private message)

You could turn off the main chat and then only use the above commands.

You could make a gang and talk in gang chat (whilst still having main chat disabled).
Still, I don't want people ignored by me... If they want to tell us something, I can't hear them.

madvillayo

Server Mapper | Stunter of the Year 2017 - 2020
Head Admin
It's completely understandable to not wish to see chat of other languages, but I find a few problematic things with this suggestion:

1) Separating languages from players via a command (i.e. your suggestion) would be hard to enforce; theoretically, staff would likely be required to "force" the command on players, as not every non-English speaking player would use it.. likely requiring a very redundant rule.
2) Bilingualism. Many players who speak English also speak other languages, which would make it tedious to alternate between filtered & non-filtered chat to be able to contact English speaking players. I even learn some Spanish via SA:MP.
3) Less reports. Non-English speakers may point out a cheating player (words like "cheats" are universal in SA:MP), and if the chat is filtered by someone who can record (or report on Discord), that player won't see it.

Still, I don't want people ignored by me... If they want to tell us something, I can't hear them.
Like my second point addressed, it would be tedious to alternate between toggling chat filter on & off. It's probably best that you can hear them on the off-chance that they need to talk to you or alert players of a cheater

xVikrant

Here's how it will work:

1. Player A types "/chatfilter".
2. He selects "non-english".

Now, he'll be able to see the players who have selected "non-english".

Player B will not be able to see his messages until player A selects English options.

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
In all honesty, I can see this whole idea causing a few issues in general.

Koshya

Server Staff
Does it mean i can't speak german with my non-german friends?!?

but seriously, i wouldn't type a command to change my chat language just so i can type in german lol
I never had a problem with the other languages in the chat. I don't see any real benefit in this, as I find that you can still clearly see who is writing in English and who you can write with and who isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.