Counter-Strategies to Highwaying

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
The newest minigame Copchase is relatively popular among regular players. Sometimes, it's good fun, but at other times, it's boring. The issue is when the criminal simply drives on highways for 10 minutes straight. I've heard other players call this strategy "highwaying". The problem is that the cops don't have a counter-strategy to prevent the criminal from highwaying, resulting in monotonous driving with no hope of catching up.
So I've decided to create this thread. I hope that players will share existing counter-strategies or suggest new ones to try in the future. Or if all else fails, we could suggest changes to Copchase that would prevent highwaying from the server's side.

KompoT

Stunter of the Year | 2022
Server Staff
VIP
Ive played this minigame with hachiko for a very long time, ive seen how other places dealth with "highway users" as we call it
the most ideal world is: city selection areas & blocked highways
Im pretty sure sfse wont have city selection (as per area). SFSE has whole map, but to make the situation better, highways are supposed to be blocked, i had sent kostas minimap with the most critical places that have to get blocked, NRG's removal also helps.