SERVER Courier levels

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
So I've been playing /courier a lot recently and I couldn't help but notice one strange thing. The amount of time given per item increases with level. Currently, the times are the following:

Level 1: 2 min 30 s for 3 items - 50 s per item
Level 2: 4 min for 4 items - 1 min per item
Level 3: 6 min for 5 items - 1 min 12 s per item
Level 4: 8 min for 6 items - 1 min 20 s per item

This means that every level is easier than the last one, which is unusual. I've thought about where this might come from. I realized there's a courier minigame in single-player. If I recall correctly, in the single-player version, every level introduces drop-off locations further and further from the pickup point. In the SFSE version, the drop-off locations are the same, regardless of level. I'd suggest changing the courier levels in one of two ways:

1) With every level, introduce further drop-off locations. This would increase the amount of time it takes to drive between locations and thus justify the increasing time given per item.
2) With every level, decrease the amount of time given per item. This is the lazier option if mapping new drop-off locations would take too much effort.

ellie

Web Developer
Head Admin
VIP
I do feel courier could use some upgrades, more of a dynamic route would be pretty cool.