/delivery (pick-up location)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
Hey

I would like to just suggest when attempting the delivery mission (/delivery) that you are appointed a pick-up location (check-point) the closest to you. At the current moment in time, your pick-up location when starting the mini-game and your business can be on the totally opposite side of the map and so a pain to drive such a distance with such a slow vehicle. (e.g my business is in LS, I /deliver at LS but my pick-up loc is in SF). You can currently change your pick-up location by entering and /leave-ing the mini-game several times until you are allocated your desired pick-up loc but wouldn't it be just so much more easier and convenient if you were allocated a pick-up loc the closest to you (closest to the loc you entered the mini-game - e.g my business is in LS, I /deliver at LS and my pick-up loc is the closest pick-up point to me in LS).

Let me know of your thoughts. Hope my suggestion is clear enough lol, I tend to over-complicate things when explaining.

Bandit

lda #$7f | sta $dc0d
Deliveries ARE a pain dude! Take it from me, I do it for a living. However if they were just a few streets away there really would be no point in the delivery and you really would get fed up and stop because your business would always be full. The Idea is to enjoy the drive through the countryside to the location of your business.

At least that's how I see it.

Bandit.

Incognito

VIP
Former Staff
Deliveries ARE a pain dude! Take it from me, I do it for a living. However if they were just a few streets away there really would be no point in the delivery and you really would get fed up and stop because your business would always be full. The Idea is to enjoy the drive through the countryside to the location of your business.

At least that's how I see it.

Bandit.
That's fair enough of a point haha

I don't mind it staying it as it is but I feel it'd be so much more convenient to have those pick-ups in closer proximity to you (since the pick-ups aren't directly close to any business anyways) unless it is that you enjoy those lengthy countryside drives like @Bandit :D

Last edited:

Kondor

Deliveries are a pain both in game and in real life, Bandit.
I agree, deliveries are abandoned and no one does them nowadays.

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Actually, the delivery pick-up location is not entirely random. Locations close to the player when starting the mini-game are excluded, so only the furthest of locations can end up selected. I've found a way to use this to my advantage:
Let's say my business is in SF. I teleport to LS or LV and then type /deliver. That way, the pick-up locations I get are never too far from SF. I can fly to the pick-up location using speedboost and bounce. Then the distance I have to drive with a truck is minimal.
This trick mostly defeats the purpose of your suggestion, as it is already possible to indirectly choose your pick-up location.

Kondor

Actually, the delivery pick-up location is not entirely random. Locations close to the player when starting the mini-game are excluded, so only the furthest of locations can end up selected. I've found a way to use this to my advantage:
Let's say my business is in SF. I teleport to LS or LV and then type /deliver. That way, the pick-up locations I get are never too far from SF. I can fly to the pick-up location using speedboost and bounce. Then the distance I have to drive with a truck is minimal.
This trick mostly defeats the purpose of your suggestion, as it is already possible to indirectly choose your pick-up location.
Goddamit, I never knew you could teleport to /lv or /ls or /sf during deliveries

Sulps

Goldpot Hunter of the Year | 2019 & 2022
VIP
Goddamit, I never knew you could teleport to /lv or /ls or /sf during deliveries
Not during deliveries, before the deliveries. I don't join the delivery mini-game until I've teleported to a location far from my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.